Who has done the srt4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 AM
blackflame
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has done the srt4 swap

Hey guys,

I'm really thinking about doing the SRT-4 swap again. I just want that .4L and DOHC engine lol. The things I will never get out of my 2.0L :/. Anyways, does anyone know someone on any forums that has done it themselves? I want to talk to them and get some information. I really don't want to hire labor for it. I'm also not the biggest car wiz. I want to find out if it is do able myself.

Thanks guys

Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Adionik
Champion
Default RE: Who has done the srt4 swap

2gn.org has a bunch of swap threads

I wouldn't...really...reccomend doing it yourself. Seems like an (insert foul word)LOAD of work.

:[

Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I know quite a few people who have done the swap themselves over one or two days. For the average DIY mechanic though it would be failry difficult, afterall, it is AN ENGINE SWAP. lol.

How proficient would you say your are at working on your car? What kind of things have you done to your car as far as modifications or maintencance goes?

Old 06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
blackflame
Captain

well...as far as my neon I really haven't done much. I have only had it for about...6 months maybe. All I have done is put the CAI, new plugs, new wires, and and 2 oil changes. So as far as neons go...i don't know too much about the car. I know for a fact that I can't do it myself. Though my dad has replaced and swapped several engines before so I could call on him for help. His brothers drag raced so he used to help them out. The only thing thats completely new to him is that cars don't use carburetors. I've also got another friend thats rebuilding his mustang engine. So he might be able to help out a little. Both learn as they go ya know? So do you know what the hardest part of their swap was? I have an '02 ES btw.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

would really reccomend getting that help, with the install and buying parts.that is a guy over on 2gn got gipped with a bad motor (cracked block) in a donor car that they said 'was good'
but the help of those very mechanically inclined will save alot of trouble.

youll want to swap everything too, not just the motor/tranny

Quick Reply: Who has done the srt4 swap