Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 PM
blocks885
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: inexpensive upgrades

ORIGINAL: ptschafer

ORIGINAL: nswap7

so those grounding kits work?
Yeah they work, and when installed right can do wonders for your electrical system. The only problem is that many of the "grounding kits" that are sold by actual companies are way overpriced for what they are. You're much better off to do a little research and do it yourself, it'll make the difference from paying $200 forthe kit, and instead only paying $35 for the wire and connectors yourself.
Being someone who has some experience, could you do a "how-to" on installing a ground kit the correct way or a link of a good way for our 2nd gens to have this? I think given the length of this forum post, it'd be a nice idea for you having the experience in Industrial Electronics to give us some feedback on the grounding kits. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Yakuza

I had a quick question the stock exhaust for an SXT is 2.25 and a performance exhaust is 2 1/2 correct?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
antitrustspider
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Yakuza

I had a quick question the stock exhaust for an SXT is 2.25 and a performance exhaust is 2 1/2 correct?
The ones that you get on eBay like the magnaflow and stuff are 2.5, but it's not like performance exhaust is restricted to 2.5".

Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
AirWolf

Ok any dual exhaust isnt really a performance exhaust on a neon yeah a turbo neon but not a neon all for looks the way I see it .

Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

Huh?

Old 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Yakuza

ORIGINAL: antitrustspider

The ones that you get on eBay like the magnaflow and stuff are 2.5, but it's not like performance exhaust is restricted to 2.5".
True but it also depends on what type of engine your running and trubo and so on. I was asking a friend of mine who works at a local muffler shop if changing my 2.5" exhaust to a 3.0 would increase perormance. He told me I would destroy my engine because of the lack of back pressure. So if this is the case don't most turbo cars use a 3" and would it be safe to assume the same with a SRT exhaust? Based on what he told me it sounds like adding a SRT exhaust could eventually casue problems to a non turbo Neon engine if it's a 3" pipe. I don't know but I'd assume a Turbo car would be using a 3". Anyone know what size piping is on the Borla SXTexhaust?

Old 07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

True but it also depends on what type of engine your running and trubo and so on. I was asking a friend of mine who works at a local muffler shop if changing my 2.5" exhaust to a 3.0 would increase perormance. He told me I would destroy my engine because of the lack of back pressure. So if this is the case don't most turbo cars use a 3" and would it be safe to assume the same with a SRT exhaust? Based on what he told me it sounds like adding a SRT exhaust could eventually casue problems to a non turbo Neon engine if it's a 3" pipe. I don't know but I'd assume a Turbo car would be using a 3". Anyone know what size piping is on the Borla SXTexhaust?
Yes, a 3" exhaust on our cars, even heavilly modified will do nothing but hurt performance. The stock SRT-4 exhaust is 2.25, same as the base Neon and R/T. Although the SRT and base midpipes have a tight taper while the R/T doesnt. Most aftermaket SRT exhausts are going to be 2.5", and the Borla exhaust for the Neon is a 2.25".

Old 07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
AirWolf

Well Ive had my srt exhaust on my sxt for 2 yrs now and the glasspack on it for a yr. My ride has never lost any back pressure or hp having a srt exhaust on her. A borla would be much better overall Im lookin for one but Im lookin for 200 bucks or less.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

You don't have a 3" exhaust.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
AirWolf

Mines custom so its way different than a normal srt exhaust that most have on here . I also have the best glasspack you can get on it . I think its a 31 inch one . I think mines 2.5 customized.

Quick Reply: inexpensive upgrades