Is it possible that...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it possible that...

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

the stock piping is 2.25in back until about a foot from the muffler where it turns to 2.0inyou wont gain anything from the muffler but sound, but do what you want.
On the SE/SXT/SRT-4 the piping tapers down below 2" to 1 7/8", on the R/T the taper is 2 1/8"...just a little clarification.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

A lot of the backpressure in the neon exhaust is due to the reduction in diameter in the exhaust in the mid-section.

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

a cherry bomb is a "real" glasspack... Its probably one of the originators of the style. My grandfather ran cherry bombs on is hot rod well before i was born.

also, can someone explain to me how anyting to do with the exhaust system is messing up timing?

To the OP, your exaust is not causing any problems... Check to see if there are any codes. If you already reset your battery you may have to wait a few days.
A cherry bomb is a cheap version of a glasspack and not as good and my glasspack does better for sound.
Hearing about your expensive really super good 31" glasspack is REALLY annoying. What brand is it and where did you get it? Cherry bomb is a popularbrand of glasspack. That's almost like saying Flowmaster is a cheap version of a muffler. Also how are you determining that your glasspack is as good as you say it is?

Old 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
GrApHite03

a cherry bomb is a "real" glasspack... Its probably one of the originators of the style. My grandfather ran cherry bombs on is hot rod well before i was born.

also, can someone explain to me how anyting to do with the exhaust system is messing up timing?

To the OP, your exaust is not causing any problems... Check to see if there are any codes. If you already reset your battery you may have to wait a few days.
A cherry bomb is a cheap version of a glasspack and not as good and my glasspack does better for sound.
If you’re talking about cost, then i will agree... otherwise its just another post filled with opinion with no facts to back it up... A glasspack is a glasspack... they are all made the same.

Cherry Bomb® is a brand name... like "Kleenex" or "Band-aid". They have been around for ever, and if they were so "cheap", as you called it, i doubt they would still be here today. My grandfather used them, my dad used them, and i will buy there products first if i am in need. And yes, those are my opinions...

My facts are that they are very affordable and after putting 60,000 hard miles on mine with no change in sound and performance (glass burning out) i will stand by the brand. I have friends that have bought competitor’s glasspacks and have had to replace them every 20-30,000 miles.

k3v

Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Reichstad
Rookie

Okay, lets say its something with the back pressure. Do I take it to a mechanic to get it re-adjusted?

Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 PM
GrApHite03

are you pulling any CEL codes?

Old 08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Reichstad
Rookie

Not any more. I was pulling a 302 (piston 2 misfire), then changed out my wires and plugs, then it went away. But the problem is still there.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: antitrustspider

A lot of the backpressure in the neon exhaust is due to the reduction in diameter in the exhaust in the mid-section.

Hearing about your expensive really super good 31" glasspack is REALLY annoying. What brand is it and where did you get it? Cherry bomb is a popularbrand of glasspack. That's almost like saying Flowmaster is a cheap version of a muffler. Also how are you determining that your glasspack is as good as you say it is?
Ive heard cherrybombs before and they sound like the big mufflers that the hondas have and mine sounds not so ever annoying . I got it from a local muffler shop and its the best glasspack you can buy . I think flowmaster is the cheap version of a muffler . Id go for borla over any dual or single exhaust.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
GrApHite03

right, cuz this sounds like a honda...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89678715798718

Old 08-01-2007, 06:25 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Reichstad

Not any more. I was pulling a 302 (piston 2 misfire), then changed out my wires and plugs, then it went away. But the problem is still there.
I will still stand by my comment and say it has nothing to do with your exhaust...

bad gas?
clogged injectors?
Where is the sound coming from?

k3v

Old 08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
AirWolf

I would get in trouble with mine that loud . Almost sounds like a stock srt exhaust on a sxt . My glasspack quiets mine down more than that cherry bomb. I do like the sound alot but the cops wouldnt .

Quick Reply: Is it possible that...