Old 08-08-2007, 05:18 AM
antitrustspider
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Automatic Transmission

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: 01neon01

lol yeah having a 3 speed does blow. like honestly who the hell has a 3 speed car?
lol, well i'd take my three speed over a 4 speed anyday... and its not cuz its what i have (cough airwolf cough). Mainly because its proven to hold more power than the 4.

k3v
It all depends what mods you put in the engine you can have a 4speed with a ton of engine mods and can be just as nice as your 3 speed auto.
That may not be true. The power ratings are probably different on the transmissions. You may be pushing 250 horse power on a 3 speed just fine and the 4 speed would blow. A 4 speed has a lot more parts in it.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
AirWolf

Really doesnt matter to me I think my 4 speed is pretty peppy and thats all that matters. I love auto the next auto I would love to get is a charger srt8 or just and r/t still faster than most neons .

Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

I like my auto too. Just saying that not all are made equal.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:06 PM
AirWolf

I know but it all depends upon your engine mods also.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

How so?

Old 08-08-2007, 04:12 PM
05SXT_Owner
Professional

Very true Airwolf. I have a friend who has an 05 SXT like mine except its a manual. After a few races (when we were both stock) I could pretty much stay with him in my auto and over all he would gain at most 2 car lengths. Well, he got a Ebay CAI before I did and put it on and completely dragged me...I'm talkin 6 or 7 car lengths. No, I'm not exaggerating either. That **** sounds mean as hell too. Now that I got the same CAI as he did, we're pretty much the same except that he still has the manual advantage.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

Just make sure you get a good filter for it. EBay ones work fine but I've heard some people have issues with clearence and rubbing.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: 05SXT_Owner

Very true Airwolf. I have a friend who has an 05 SXT like mine except its a manual. After a few races (when we were both stock) I could pretty much stay with him in my auto and over all he would gain at most 2 car lengths. Well, he got a Ebay CAI before I did and put it on and completely dragged me...I'm talkin 6 or 7 car lengths. No, I'm not exaggerating either. That **** sounds mean as hell too. Now that I got the same CAI as he did, we're pretty much the same except that he still has the manual advantage.
A CAI will not make that much of a difference in races. Basically your buddy learned how to drive better. Its been proven stock for stock an ATX neon will run a full second slower than a MTX.

k3v

Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: antitrustspider

How so?
Well in my 4speed auto sxt I have a 60 mm tb and indy intake manifold , walbro highflow fuel pump, accel fuel injectors , custom udp, red race motormounts, msd coilpack, mpx header, comp400cam and msd wires and accel plugs , ebay intake and k&n filter . Those are my mods for now thinkin of doing either the srt swap or maybe somekind of hahn turbo sooner but most likely later by spring probably will be my husbands and I winter project.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:24 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

A few more car lengths is only a fraction of a second in a quarter mile. If you gain 5 horse power and 5 ftlb of torque from a CAI that's abouta 5% increase which issignificant. That can cut a half second off your quarter mile.

Quick Reply: Automatic Transmission