2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cant we all just get along..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
jerry81_99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant we all just get along..

I'm the best definition of a nooby, but from all the posts Ive been reading there are some replies that aren't very helpful or friendly.
In my case and like many others who are noobies, I may ask somethings that might sound "dumb" questions, but thats the purpose of this forum, to share the knowledge with others. So Im not in the best position (yet) to give substantial input to other peoples questions, but I can tell you that with the unfriendly replies we see sometimes I sometimes dont make new post with my questions because I can get an answer that in between the lines say "The answer is so obvious!".
BTW, Im in Centra America, so sometimes internationales dont have all the aftermarket products, shops andparts availableon the market that youguys have in the US, so maybe a little patience is welcomed between all of us to keep this forum been helpfull world wide.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Adionik
Champion

To jerry: I know this is not the first time you've heard this, and you're going to keep hearing it for as long as you've been on forums, but you really gotta utilize that search feature man. There have probably been 2-3 SRT rear exhaust/glasspack threads in the past week. That's not counting the other 10 before I got here...and 1 I made haha. SEARCH!!! Honestly. It's not that hard. Before you press that SUBMIT button on a new thread, try seeing if your questions has been answered in the past, because nine times out of ten someone HAS switched their 02-03 front with new headlights, someone has installed a new header, someone HAS put srt this that this that into a neon.

And to airwolf. I think that trophy thing is bs. I really don't understand how the hell you could've gotten 4 trophies with that car period, but hey if you did you did. I guess. I remember you saying you had an indy intake manifold..then when 03rt called you out it was like UHH..UHH..I'M A SHOWGAL NOT AN INTAKE GAL or some bs. BTW what are the odds of you and eb04 on srtforums have the same awful grammar, first name, black sxt, and personality? Hmmm. I think there's a reason they ran you away from there...

I'm really not the type to bash people on forums, but seriously...you just talk about your car being the best when really it's pretty whack.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
antitrustspider
Veteran

Adionik doesn't like my ride?

Oh and Jerry, first of all, welcome. Second, as you will soon find out you'll get loss of mis-information from AirWolf. You will certainly know about her glass pack. She'll be the first to let you know her flip flop trunk is better than yours unless you do it her way. And she is the goddess of show mods and knows more than you. Also you will know she will be corrected immediately and she will still argue the wrong information. She has basically zero knowledge on performance although she insists she does. She has no proof of that and her arguments amount to just a bunch of "blah blah blah".

As long as you can filter through the BS you'll find the info you need

And also some people here might be willing to ship internationally. If you can't get something, just ask. Someone might be able to help you out.

Oh and she got those trophies from shows that had about 15 people there.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
05SXT_Owner
Professional

Remember that story I told you Airwolf? The guy kept telling me I kept digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole each time I posted. Unfortunately, that is what you are doing. Now I'm trying not to take sides here, but show these guys you know what your talking about. Post some under the hood pics and pics of you working on the car. Then they'll believe what you say because you have proof. Not trying to bash you or anyone else, just givin' some friendly advice

Old 08-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Adionik
Champion

spider i've never seen your car lol

Old 08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
antitrustspider
Veteran

Lol I knowI was joking. But when you originally responded and said "I don't like your car" it said it was in reply to me

I just have a stock blue SXT with no front license plate holder. I got the SXT spoiler with the same kind of rims Airwolf has.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 AM
AirWolf

Thanks 05 like I said my engine is crap after the accident and its under constuction for now . Meaning all I have in there right now is my custom intake with cf filter and msd wires and accel plugs . The accident pretty much damaged everything . I had to get a new tranny and a new raditor and a new timing belt and a new alternator. But I will post pics of what she looks like now . Not saying shes got all those mods now but she had them for a very short time . Like you guys dont brag a little and not proud of what youve done to your ride . I just go over board . I do have the best lookin modded neon sxt around my state and those were 15 rides in my class the last two shows when she came in 2nd this yr. Soon as I get rims and tires and drop than youll like her alot more. Iwill admit I dont know much about 2nd gen neons but 1st gens and srt4s I have done a ton of research on . Also doing the srt swap Ive done a ton of research on also . So Im learning slowly about engine mods in the 2nd gen at least srt swap wise.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 AM
05SXT_Owner
Professional

Good stuff. I've been looking into doing an SRT-4 swap but one of my friends told me this : "for future reference to save money, the PT Cruiser Turbo engine is the exact same as the SRT-4 engine." I might go with that later on down the road.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

SRT-4's are 2nd gen. And if you know a lot about 1st gen and the 2nd gen SRT-4's you should have a fairly good knowledge about cars in general.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
AirWolf

Yeah the pt turbo is the same and would be cheaper and more rare than the srt4 swap . I was also doing research about that way also . Seems easier and cheaper . Found more pt turbo rides wreaked than I did srt4 wreaked at least around here.

Quick Reply: Cant we all just get along..