Pic an Vid of SRT swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:04 PM
ek2588
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pic an Vid of SRT swap

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

i dont own a neon anymore. 14,000 for a neon is impossible. You would have to try damn hard to find someone to buy a neon that much, and especially somene that wuld understand the swap. Most people are afraid of a swap like that, because its not the stock engine anymore, its overall sketchy. If you do the swap, plan on keeping it a long time because you wont get back for what you put into it, thats all . If you can pull it off though, MINT
...Usually when people moda car the last thingto enter there mind is reselling it. Like you with your truck, are u thinking about modifying (sp) it to ur liking, or adding the most logical things to to help its resale valueevery time you buy a new part, i'd like to think not since you recently bought it. Most ppl that build cars for speed build it to reach the ultimate satisfaction of going fast not selling the car, its only when those goals are met, not met,get bored with it, orother more important things in life arise is when the thought of selling the car comes into play. lol when that guy is banging through gears flying down the trackhearing the motor he worked hard to get singing thetune of a 200+ hpturbo'd motor i doubt he's gona be thinking "damn i shouldn't have spent 5k on this cuz im never gona get that moneyback" lol

Old 08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
ek2588
Veteran

oh and the way prices are dropping on srt-4's it'll be pretty damn hard getting the money back that's spent buying and modding one. But like i said earlier that doesn't matter aslong as you get what you want out of it.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:34 PM
ek2588
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Yako

hey $5000 expensive? yes... but def worth it ill just finish payin off my sxt and get the money to get the swap and by the way them engines on ebay always end up costin over $3000 to the winnin bidder, andis tru ansxt or se with the srt engine wouldnt sell as much an an srt butdefmore than just an ordinary neon
supposedly its nota good idea to buy motors off ebay "If you cant inspect the motor before you buy it, it's worse then going on a date with a chickoff myspace with no picture posted (shudder)" Project car magizine lol

Old 08-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Acid_

[align=left]
ORIGINAL: neon03se
[/align]
sounds appealing but 5 grand, DAMN lol
lol 5k is not a lot to have into something

Old 08-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: ek2588

ORIGINAL: Yako

hey $5000 expensive? yes... but def worth it ill just finish payin off my sxt and get the money to get the swap and by the way them engines on ebay always end up costin over $3000 to the winnin bidder, andis tru ansxt or se with the srt engine wouldnt sell as much an an srt butdefmore than just an ordinary neon
supposedly its nota good idea to buy motors off ebay "If you cant inspect the motor before you buy it, it's worse then going on a date with a chickoff myspace with no picture posted (shudder)" Project car magizine lol

Good point there, and my friend if anything is wrong he wont let you take the car till its fixed. He does his work in tip top shape.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah that is true though. I guess I shocked myself when I got rid of my own neon. Me and everyone else was because I dumped SO much time, money, and passion into that thing. Ever other word out of my mouth was neon lol. Then I saw that truck and my then my mouth jumped and I wanted to be Chuck Norries suddenly lmao. Anyways but yeah it's true, I've already dumped money into it in less than a month, and I plan to keep this guy for years, so it is all in perspective. I guess I just get a little shocked with the whole $5,000 thing, seems like a lot of money. I always hated how I trapped myself with the neon though, because after I put all that money into it, it was still slow and a lot of people didn't like it. I wanted an srt-4 badly, and I knew if i couldnt get it, i knew i could def. a get a truck! Anyways, love the truck though, 4" lift, 35" tires, flowmaster super 44 dual side sweep exhaust with 22" long magnaflow tips, got the tint, smoked tail lights, and the shorty antenna so far. I want to do the longtube headers and cold air intake next though, but its very fun modding this beast out, love it. One of my friends bought my neon from the dealer though, so its a ltttle sketchy seeing my car parked at the ice cream store where she works, i cant help but get a little sad when i see it just sitting there. she probably doesnt even know all the performance and exterior modifications i did to that thing lmao.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

Yeah that is true though. I guess I shocked myself when I got rid of my own neon. Me and everyone else was because I dumped SO much time, money, and passion into that thing. Ever other word out of my mouth was neon lol. Then I saw that truck and my then my mouth jumped and I wanted to be Chuck Norries suddenly lmao. Anyways but yeah it's true, I've already dumped money into it in less than a month, and I plan to keep this guy for years, so it is all in perspective. I guess I just get a little shocked with the whole $5,000 thing, seems like a lot of money. I always hated how I trapped myself with the neon though, because after I put all that money into it, it was still slow and a lot of people didn't like it. I wanted an srt-4 badly, and I knew if i couldnt get it, i knew i could def. a get a truck! Anyways, love the truck though, 4" lift, 35" tires, flowmaster super 44 dual side sweep exhaust with 22" long magnaflow tips, got the tint, smoked tail lights, and the shorty antenna so far. I want to do the longtube headers and cold air intake next though, but its very fun modding this beast out, love it. One of my friends bought my neon from the dealer though, so its a ltttle sketchy seeing my car parked at the ice cream store where she works, i cant help but get a little sad when i see it just sitting there. she probably doesnt even know all the performance and exterior modifications i did to that thing lmao.

Yeah, I bet your truck is nice, you need to get some pictures up. BTW, what mods did you have on your neon and did you keep them on when you traded it in.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 PM
ek2588
Veteran

lol yea man i no that whole "stuck with the neon" feeling.but at the same time i would feel just as bad seeing it around town if i sold it lol, esp if they started to do stupid mods or worse ...wrecked it. But hey atleast ur having fun with ur new ride.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:05 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Acid_

[align=left]
ORIGINAL: neon03se
[/align]
sounds appealing but 5 grand, DAMN lol
lol 5k is not a lot to have into something
i really doubt a lot of people here have 5k laying around somewhere, and yes that is a pretty large amount of money.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Before I sold my neon i had for performance, a aem cold air intake, MPx 60mm Throttle Body, Pacesetter Header, 3" magnaflow hi-flo cat, vibrant dual exhaust, and a rapid transmission cooler. For exterior mods I had 17" R-tech 85 rims, white underglow kit, true clear tail lights with LED's, sxt spoiler, r/t bumper with custom fitted vibrant exhaust system, red painted calipers, clear corner lenses, crystal headlights, crystal foglights, 35% tint all around, debadged trunk lid, and mesh between the two foglights to cover up the ugly radiator. I put a lot of time into that damn car. The only things I took off the car were the 17" rims and tires (currently selling them to PICKLEZ on the forum), and the MPx 60mm TB, which I sold to Adionik, who got it for a steel ($135). Other than that, everytihng stayed on the car, didnt have the time to take them all off and sell them, the deal was done the first day i saw the truck, so i just rolled with it. But it was sad, but I love this truck, its loud, obnoxious, tall, powerful, and of course, my favorite, BLACK. I will post pics up very soon guys and then youll klnow why i had to trade the neon in for it. Today at the carwash today, one of the wipe down guys was like, "dude ill trade you straight up this truck for my 2000 camaro z28. Lol it was quite the proposal, but i cant go back to cars now, but it was nice looking, but that gives u an idea of what this beast looks like, now i just got to keep customizing it to my likings!

Quick Reply: Pic an Vid of SRT swap