2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New on here, Looking for Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:44 PM
NeonBabyRns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New on here, Looking for Tips

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been reading all the awesome tips on here and FINALLY decided to join. I have a black 03 neon. Have only installed new audio system, got new rims 17', black altezza euro taillights, and black projector headlights.
Right now the windows and locks are manua, but I really want to make them power locks and windows. I am not quite sure if and how I can do that... hopefully someone on here can help out a bit? Thanks!.. I am hoping to put up pics of the process here sometime this week!

-Sam

Old 09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: New on here, Looking for Tips

Yes, you can purchase electric window/electric lock kits for like $200 and up I believe. Oh and Welcome to Dodge Forum!!

Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
NeonBabyRns

Great! thanks so much I'm definetly going to look into them.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

cool another projector headlight neon, WELCOME!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT
Yes, you can purchase electric window/electric lock kits for like $200 and up I believe. Oh and Welcome to Dodge Forum!!
Don't know if that is a standard MOPAR kit or aftermarket... but just a reminder, Neons that came with power windows, no matter what model, only had power windows in the front.. I think the locks were for all 4 doors tho....(I also have the manual stuff....sojust trying to remember whats on my Mom's SXT...)

Old 09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
AirWolf

Heres some other ideas for a black neon I have a custom black sxt and I have a black 3inch zzapp antenna which you can find on ebay and a clear 3rd brake light and clear side markers would go nicely with your tails and headlights. Tinted windows is a must on any ride just be legal for your state when you do that. And for power windows my sxt came with power front could care less about the rear being power never use the rear much anyways plus its colder now where I live. I would check with your local dealer for that kit . also you can do my flip flop trunk just pm me your email address for the info. You can black out your chrome part on your front bumper looks more stealth on black neons.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Pablodragon

but just a reminder, Neons that came with power windows, no matter what model, only had power windows in the front.. I think the locks were for all 4 doors tho....
Correct.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Pablodragon

but just a reminder, Neons that came with power windows, no matter what model, only had power windows in the front.. I think the locks were for all 4 doors tho....
Correct.

[sm=exactly.gif]

I got an SE model.. no power locks and windows... I installed 4 door lock actuators and 4 power windows (including the 2 rear) myself... and it's been good so far... I got the door lock actuators from commandocaralarms.com and the 4 power windows from ebay. One thing to remember is that if you're going for 4 power windows make sure you get the whole kit for 4 power windows (7 switch kit) instead of buying two two doors power window... because you won't have that 4 switch at the driver's door panel to control all four windows. all you need is a drill, and some time... and also maybe a few trips to the hardware store and improvise a little... and you'll be all set. I'll try and get a picture of my door panel for you... but i do have a few tests coming up. So might take like a few days... but good luck on it... take the door panel off first to see how everything works. and then you can visualize how you would like to position the actuators and power window.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Swordfish2Cowboy
Professional

Sweet. Stealth = sexy.

And hooray for blue text! Welcome!

Quick Reply: New on here, Looking for Tips