2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

MT neon

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
tankhardrive
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT neon

my neon is a MT..... was wondering if any other MT neons when u are sitting in neutral, and 1st with clutch in does your car shake? mine does when its in neutral or 1st with the clutch in and its a noticable shake... you can see it and def feel it..... any thoughts? been like this since i got the car at 10k miles so its not something new never bothered with it mach never said anything and only reason i say now is its shaking my new exhaust loose soooo i have to keep tightening it up.

so any one that had delt with this or any thoughts at all of what to check would be great i have no idea whats causing it....

i have done no motor mods yet exhaust and CAI is all and like i said been like this since i got the car.

thanks guys

Old 09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: MT neon

No, my car does not shake just sitting in neutral. It vibrates more then it did new only because I changed the motor mounts. So if its vibrating/shaking a lot I would look at those. They could be worn out.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

ok i was thinking that they might be the reason but wanted some feed back to i will take a look a little later and try to grab some pics maybe you guys can help me gauge how worn they are

Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

long shot but possible clutch...when my clutch started wearing out it would do something similar in 1st gear but not neutral. because in 1st with the clutch not holding the car would want to move and i didn't have a tach to see if the rpms were raised slightly, which cause my vibrations other than that +1 on the mounts

Old 09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

yeah shouldnt be the clutch ive replaced it once already and it kept doing it still..... i know my clutch is wearing out though but ill be replacing that soon any ways its prob the motor mounts

Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

if i grab a srt 4 motor mount to put on like a complete set (off a srt with only 20k miles in great condition) will it fit for one and two the install how hard?

Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 AM
I own only Dodge
Professional

How old are your plugs? they could be slightly fouled with carbon build up if its been a while since you have changed them. Will cause vibe and shaking also

Old 09-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Swordfish2Cowboy
Professional

ORIGINAL: tankhardrive

if i grab a srt 4 motor mount to put on like a complete set (off a srt with only 20k miles in great condition) will it fit for one and two the install how hard?
What's an Em-Tee Neon? And yes, SRT-4 motor mounts will fit. They're about the only things that do. It's probably those, see if you can pull them out.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
tankhardrive
Professional

sword - ok yeah ill try to grab the srt 4 mounts and put those on.

dodge - i havent changed my spark plugs since i got the car unless the mach did when i brought it in but i dont remember that....... but it still was kinda shaking when i got the car with 10k miles maybe just bad from the get go? should i replace those too?

Quick Reply: MT neon