2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Tie rod end

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tie rod end

sounds like they didn't do a good job to me... well anyway... i took the wheel off today trying to do the tie rod end thing... but I ended up getting fustrated... not because i don't know how... but because the frigginnutwon't come off... and one of the nut was attaching to the rod... so i'm suppose to use something to hold the rod in place like a plier and use a wrench to take the nut off otherwise the rod would turn with the nut... so i ended up with a rusted nut that requires a lot of energy to turn and the rod ended up slipping under the grab of the plier and getting some deep scratches on the rod... so i say screw it and spend the 25 bucks on the labor. so today i ended up painting the drum and the edges of the rotor silver to get rid of the rusty look.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:49 AM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

pipe wrenches work better than pliers sometimes for round objects Just trying to lighting u up a bit this tie rod seemed to be driving u crazy

Old 09-16-2007, 12:05 AM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

lol... thanks.. i'm ok... sometimes things just fustrate me when it doesn't go smoothly. but yeah... i never thought of that! thanks!