2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

track tommerow got some serious Q?????? now with a video

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track tommerow got some serious Q?????? now with a video

ight so its time for me to stop guessing what im running and stuff and actually go to the track and check thigns out
first time i will have ever go to a track and race and ****
so i got some questions and stuff
like is there anythuing i should do to the car befor ei go to the track it has a fresh oil change and stuff

umm what advice do you guys have as far as shifting goes? i think i should shift right above redline like at 6400rpm
what do yall think? i am also going to remove the sub box and all that junk
should i remove the rear seats?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie
Default RE: track tommerow got some serious Q??????

What kind of Mods do u have done..like engine wise?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:57 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

exhust and a short ram intake
i dont think im running 20s i think i running less way less like 16s 17 maybe 18s

Old 09-14-2007, 03:09 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie

I think stock they run like a 18 something or a high 17...u will probably run a low 17...i doubt a 16.....Do u have stock rims and tires on it...if u dont..take some air out of them before...leave about 20 psi in it...When u first get there u should go look at the light and try to get the timing down so u can have as low a reaction as u can get...

Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

i have the stock tires and rims the one tire doesnt seem to wanna take air for some odd reason it doesnt wnana take air or lose air so i donno waht to do.
but like i dont knwo if you read my one thread about joining a club and **** and i had to race some one to get in
well the dude didnt wanna race me and **** and every one in the club is my homies and they stay coming at my car cuz its a neon but i honestly wanna beat a mitshu****su eclipse gls its an older on like a 93 or something 96 maybe anyway the driver is the biggest **** talker there is. his **** is stock cai and exhust thats it.
i think he does 17.1 s
wat you think

Old 09-14-2007, 03:28 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie

I think idid read that thread...I hate guys that talk all this **** about there cars and when it comes down to it they punk out...I had to put one of my boys in check 1 day for that crap..he was talkin all this noise that he could beat my car so i told him to putup 300 and i would run it...guess what...he punked out just like i knew he would....he had a ford p.o.s focus....

About that tire...is it in the front? if so move it to the back before u go...Oh yea a lot of people make the mistake and burn the tires on the line to get more grip...DONT DO IT!!!....it only works if u have drag tires or slicks....They will probably have a section where theres water...Go around it...

Old 09-14-2007, 03:34 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

o lol well lucky for me i cant do a stand still burn out for some odd reason i can only do a rolling burn out
but when the light turns green should i pop the clutch like should i pop in first and keep it reved till the green comes or should i just put it in grear and wait for the green and then hit the gas and let go of the clutch ?
what should i do

Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie

It really depends on your car bro...u should try it out the first time and see what it does and then run it again and try it a different way...Thats really the only way u can learn...If u rev to high u might just sit there and burn for a lil bit...and if u rev to low well ur just gonna stall out..and that would realy suk....What i did was i went out and found a decent road and just played around with it...i mainly tried to get the feel for it...

Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

yea i dont know how to race shift tho
i donno if i should be double clutching or if i should just shift right above redline like i have a video slash sound clip i can email it to you and you can post it on here for me cuz i donno how to

Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie

Try to double shift around 4000..if udontdouble shift just shift around 5 to 5500....send me that clip...skilz2nv@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: track tommerow got some serious Q?????? now with a video