2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

booger bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 AM
blackflame
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default booger bushings

Ok... So I went to the performance sticky and read "Explanation of Mod: These solid bushings will reduce the endplay in the shifter linkage giving crisper, more solid shifting over the stock rubber bushings." Thanks to 03neonRT.

I still don't really understand why or what it does. Can someone explain?

if you are reading I have another simple question. I got free oil changes from my dealership for life. I moved and its kind of out of the way now. How much oil do I put in? This was a thread a while back but I forgot what people said.

thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: booger bushings

The bushings just give it better feel. The stock ones are really mushy and there is a lot of play. I guess the best way to explain it is, is when you put it in gear you know it is in gear. If you have a short throw just get them, I'm sure you will not be disappointed. As for oil, you'll need 4.5 qts.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 AM
blackflame
Captain

thanks.

I'm thinking about getting a maddog shifter. I heard that you can PM him on SRTforums and thats how you get them. I just want to know if anyone has had the 80% STS. I'm scared it will be to hard to tell if im in Neutral or if shifting from 5th to Reverse would be super easy lol. Any opinions?

Thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I think 03neonrt has a maddog shifter. I'm not sure how to get them, but I think thats how you get them. He should be able to comment on that for you. But I have to be honest, when I first put my mopar short throw on the car I started the car up and thought I was in neutral so I let the clutch out fast, but I was in 1st gear so obviously it stalled. LOL. I don't know how you could possibly make one that is 80% shorter then stock, that almost seems like a ridiculous claim. I think the mopar one is something like 25-30% better then stock. Which is a HUGE difference. So I can't even imagine the maddog one if it actually does shorten shifts 80%.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
blackflame
Captain

hmm...maybe I will wait for 03neonRTs comment on his 72%. I'm guessing you got used to it pretty quick? I always thought, "why not go with the most reduction you can get?" Then I started thinking about not finding gears correctly lol.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Oh yeah. It is addicting once you get one. I still have as much fun shifting gears as I did the day I got it. It never gets old. Its like cheating almost...lol.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM
blackflame
Captain

hahahaha

Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

just put on my mopar short shifter with new booger bushings about 2 weeks ago and i love it! shifts are short and sweet very clean and you def want booger bushings for a week the shifter will be kinda sticky but once they work in its so fast and smooth....like lowslow said you know your in gear.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
blackflame
Captain

got ya. I'm guessing thats a problem with the STS's. Because I know when I'm in gear now.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
contagious19
Champion

i just purchased a B&M short shifter, do u guys recommend da bushings? sorry for da thread jack.

Quick Reply: booger bushings