Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Megasquirt

I'm not talking about the mercedes mclaren, I'm talking about the Mclaren F1

Old 10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
blackflame
Captain

check my edit on my last post. but the Mclaren F1 has a top speed of 240.1mph. I have heard of others saying 242mph but i don't know if thats true.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

what set-up did you run for your sxt graphite? did you just use the stock ecu without ms or anything else?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
blackflame
Captain

ORIGINAL: neon03se

what set-up did you run for your sxt graphite? did you just use the stock ecu without ms or anything else?
Pretty sure he did. I think he had the fastest neon without using an aftermarket ECU. Idk, I think he probably should have went MS but just wanted to prove a point. Maybe? I could be totally wrong on the point thing.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

Actually... the McLaren F1 is faster, I believe.. then the Bugatti Vyron (SP) is said to be even faster

AND the koeninsegg CXR (i think that's the model) is even better than those but only fractionally

My point is... learn your facts.
I find it funny that you say “know your facts†in the same post as “I believe†and “theoreticallyâ€.

SSC Ultimate Aero TT - 255.83mph
Veyron - 253.81mph
Koenigsegg CCX – Never been officially recorded. Estimated at 245+

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

and a CAI is theroetically only to bring %10 HP gain throughout the entire RPM range

so with are cars it's 13.2 HP throughout the ENTIRE RPM RANGE
Theoretically is the key word here… I’d love to hear your theory on a exhaust manifold and cat-back seeing I got dyno proof that a CAI, EM, and CB barely got me 13whp all together.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: blackflame

ORIGINAL: neon03se

Pretty sure he did. I think he had the fastest neon without using an aftermarket ECU. Idk, I think he probably should have went MS but just wanted to prove a point. Maybe? I could be totally wrong on the point thing.
Stock ECU | adj. RRFPR | SAFCII | 5th injector | Stage 0 injectors

Megasquirt wasn’t as big as it is now and at the time would not work with the NGC’s 13 tooth crank trigger. Although I was told that it could not be done, especially with a SAFCII… Just like I was told back in 2003 that the SRT-4 exhaust would sound like ****, yet I was the first and look how many people do that now.

The turbo set-up is used has been used on many different cars going all the way back to the 80’s. “Maximum Boost†the holy bible of turbo charging speaks specifically of this method. Its been proven to work back then and still works today. K.I.S.S. method. (keep it simple stupid)

By no means am I knocking megasquirt. If you can afford to have someone tune it for you or learn the volumetric efficiency tables well enough to tune yourself then it is your best bet. I plan to use it on my new project.

K3v

Old 10-12-2007, 05:11 PM
blackflame
Captain

dyno for magnaflow catback(from magnaflow): http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/dynos/neon.jpg

AEM CAI Dyno(From AEM): http://www.aempower.com/images/produ...SOHC%20CAS.pdf

So about 5 from each. But since weather plays into dynoing so much the companies probabyl had the best possible conditions. those are probably the best you will find. Rare though.

I don't even know what EM stands for lol.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:29 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: blackflame

dyno for magnaflow catback(from magnaflow): http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/dynos/neon.jpg

AEM CAI Dyno(From AEM): http://www.aempower.com/images/produ...SOHC%20CAS.pdf

So about 5 from each. But since weather plays into dynoing so much the companies probabyl had the best possible conditions. those are probably the best you will find. Rare though.

I don't even know what EM stands for lol.
EM - Exhaust manifold

Me personally would not go by that AEM CAI dyno since i had an NGC with the lower compression. Doesn't say what year car magnaflow is using, but still shows you will not get 13.2whp out of a CAI alone.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:03 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

im gonna fly you down to texas so you can tune and help me get a turbo together lol, then iwill be an SE-t!!!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 07:14 PM
GrApHite03

i'm in Hawaii though... lol

Quick Reply: Megasquirt