2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Microsoft Rant...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microsoft Rant...

Xbox 360 number 2 is about to **** the bed on me... When a disc is just put in or when the eject button is pushed its making a god awful noise! can't find anything like it on the the internet. Most searches pull up topics about the overall noise of the drive.

I'm gonna take a video of it... My first one did this noise right before it RROD, just not as loud. I'm just hoping it craps out soon! I don't want to be in between shipping when COD4 comes out. I'm gonna try to kill it tonight. This happened last year with COD3!

Oh well, 3 yr warranty FTW! Rumor has it that the new chips are out and in production, lets hope i get lucky this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8_X3v63BAI

k3v
today's rant:

Ok, as you probably saw in my video... My DVD drive was on its way out. After playing about 2 hours of skate last night i heard the most horrifying noise! It literally sounding like my Xbox was shredding the disc into tiny pieces. I quickly got up to eject the disc and to my surprise the disc was in perfect shape. After I ejected the disc I put it back in and it will not work…

I keep getting the unreadable disc message. Everything else works fine. After calling Microsoft, I found out that this is not covered under my warranty. Bull****!! They’ll fix it though for $99. Only the 3 red rings are covered.

So yes… I am on a mission to RROD my 360 by any means necessary!

Anybody have any suggestions on doing so? I’ve read about letting it overheat, although I thought overheating only gave one red light. I’ve also thought about doing the opposite of what everybody suggests to help it not red ring. Plug it into a power strip, stand it vertically and in bad ventilated area.

I’m actually quite pissed! I almost think it would be more fun to toss it off the Pali lookout and video tape it. Maybe hunt it down afterwards for some bonus footage of the carnage.

Oh well, that’s my rant for today… as mentioned I will take suggestions on RROD’ing my 360.

k3v[/align]

Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: Microsoft Rant...

Uh...I hope I don't have that happen to me. So far mine has worked just fine though!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

usually the RROD means there is a hardware malfunction, not sure how you could pull that off. i find it weird that they said it is not covered under warranty. the same thing happened to me, minus the noise. It wouldn't read ANYTHING no dvd, cd, any game, i called them and they wanted me to pay 135 to fix it, but i literally cussed out the CSR. I told them that i have put wayyy too much money into the system. I have 10 games (60 bucks a pop) and pretty much all the accessories that are out, I told them i was NOT going to pay for something that is not my fault, and was extremely persistent. Anyway they dropped the fee and gave me two options. Pay 35 to get it fixed and get a year warranty, or get it fixed free with no warranty. I paid the 35, a couple weeks later i got a 35 dollar check from them because the warranty was extended.

BUT I too have a Microsoft rant......

I bought the 360 the day it came outand and have supported Microsoft and their products faithfully (this is what i told the Supervisor from the story above). i recently bought a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV and noticed that the new (white) 360's are coming out with the HDMI port. They didn't when they first came out. So i asked, "are the people that waited in line to get your system pretty much screwed out of the HDMI port because you decided to upgrade the system?" to which the dumb *** on the other line replied, "Ya pretty much" WTFFFFFFF. this is similar to the problem that Apple imposed, they dropped the Iphonepricenot too long after it came out. I think its bull**** (excuse my language). they should have either put the HDMI port in the Premium xbox when it first came out or upgrade every ones damn system! It all boils down to money hungry people that sit in offices and dont give a damn about the people that buy their products.

so i am selling my 360, it is the new one that microsoft sent me (i guess they couldn't fix my original one), and i have only had ita few months for 275, so if anyone is interested let me know......(sorry for the shameless plug graphite lol)

Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
GrApHite03

^^ no problem... I'll be calling them back!

As much as i am aggravated i still love my 360. I wouldn't trade it for any other console out there.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM
blackflame
Captain

here is microsofts problem. They rushed their system and wanted it to be all cheap and what not. So the PS3 came out with tons more power and now they have to do all of these upgrades. How many different versions of the 360 have come out now??? Geeze oh man-o-crap-in-ma-pants. Sorry to hear that the warranty only covers what they want it to btw.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Adionik
Champion

****ing throw it in the ocean and show microsoft truly what their damn useless consoles are worth!

Or wrap the power supply in a blanket and make sure it doesn't catch on fire...should overheat the console. Spill water on the inside..
Or just try to play a game reguarly

Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 PM
blackflame
Captain

ORIGINAL: Adionik

****ing throw it in the ocean and show microsoft truly what their damn useless consoles are worth!

Or wrap the power supply in a blanket and make sure it doesn't catch on fire...should overheat the console. Spill water on the inside..
Or just try to play a game reguarly
Yeah, that should do it.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 PM
01neon01
Veteran

whoever told you that they dont cover the ridiculously loud dvd drive is full of crap. that was they reason that i sent my 360 in the first 2 times. how can you enjoy a game when you cant even hear the damn thing?!?!?! im currently waiting for them to send me the box so i can send mine in for the 4th time....i just got it back the week after halo came out and i have to send it back in!!!! its a ton of crap two weeks thats how long i enjoyed it before it crapped out on me.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ya graphite call them and bitch hard about it. so anyone wanna buy a new 360? your problem should be covered under warranty. I also love my 360! i have a ps3 and a wii but the 360 is the best IMO.

For the comment about the PS3, they have come out with several versions of their console as well, and for your info, they will be coming out with yet another one, a stripped version pretty much. IMO the ps3 is really bad, there is nothing out there worth playing, and if it is, more than likely it is out for the 360 as well. i have one just for the blu ray player, I am waiting to see which dvd format wins the "war" they have that way i can get high definition movies. No sense in buying an hd dvd player if its going to be obsolete later on down the road....

Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 PM
GrApHite03

on the phone bitching hard right now

Quick Reply: Microsoft Rant...