Best "Bang" for the Buck.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best "Bang" for the Buck.

ORIGINAL: TN.Frank

Because if the plugs don't spark the fuel won't burn and if that don't happen you're just SOL, LOL. I don't know why ya'll are saying this little car WON'T preform. It feels pretty good "seat of your pants" right now. Anything that I can do to squeez out a couple more HP will be nice. I guess preformance is a relitive thing. Sure, a Viper or C-6 Vet will tear me a new one but then they've got big power plants and drink huge amounts of gas. I want it to be quick for what IT is, not for what something else may be.
It's just like an NHRA Funny Car can smoke a Pro Stock but within the Pro Stock division you can be fast for your class.
ORIGINAL: ME

Aside from that, how far do you want to take the 2.0L engine if you are going for speed. It has great potential... just nobody has patience or dedication...
This car has great potential. It will perform. You just need to put more effort into it do go. Why people give up.[8D]

If you put in the effort, you get the rewards.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
TN.Frank
Professional

Effort I have, money I don't have. IF you want to deal with my wife about how much I'm spending then I'll put a boat load of cash into it otherwise I've got to watch what I spend.
If we sell off some land we have for sale then I want to put a LSD diff and Stage 6 clutch and pressure plate into it and I'll get a good anti-sway bar kit for it too. I've found some tires and rims in a package deal from a site that'll only run about $650 and they look nice. Like I said, I want to get this engine going as good as it'll go STOCK and pick up a 2.4L from a junk yard to rebuild and play with, then I'll drop that engine into the car and really fly.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
contagious19
Champion

Prothane motor mount inserts are good, they have race and street.
Cold air intake is a good engine mod.
if u get extra money i would get a header, LTH or STH.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

effort isnt going to buy parts for your car

Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: TN.Frank

Effort I have, money I don't have. IF you want to deal with my wife about how much I'm spending then I'll put a boat load of cash into it otherwise I've got to watch what I spend.
If we sell off some land we have for sale then I want to put a LSD diff and Stage 6 clutch and pressure plate into it and I'll get a good anti-sway bar kit for it too. I've found some tires and rims in a package deal from a site that'll only run about $650 and they look nice. Like I said, I want to get this engine going as good as it'll go STOCK and pick up a 2.4L from a junk yard to rebuild and play with, then I'll drop that engine into the car and really fly.
No need for an LSD or that heavy clutch unless you plan on running forced induction on the motor. The sway bars and wheels/tires are a fantastic idea though. Also, you would want some good lowering springs and struts to go along with them. If you going to swap out the motor anyways, I would just spend the money on non-engine related supporting mods (like your suspension).

Old 11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
TN.Frank
Professional

I wanted the LSD and HD Clutch because I'd like to hit the local 1/8th mile on Friday Night for the "Run What You Brung" deal. Didn't want to burn out the stock clutch and I think having both tires hook from a 3000 rpm clutch side step would give me more traction and get rid of the one tire doin' a burn out deal. Anyway, that'll only happen if/when we sell of the land. Other then that I'm catchin' hell from my wife for looking at a set of $600 buck tires and rims, LOL. [&o]

Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Heh I spent $1k on mine, so $600 is a bargain.

Quick Reply: Best "Bang" for the Buck.