2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Undesolved
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...

ORIGINAL: neon03se
why is it that disney and several other companies that are "blu ray exclusive" are releasing high definition content via Xbox live??? WTF is goin on lol!!
they just like screwin with your head

Old 01-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Yako
Captain

where did that info come from? my friend has been tellin me similar things as he is in the same boat I am. As for the audio what exactly does that mean? That it can not produce DTS? If I'm not mistaken my xbox does and my receiver is a few years old so it doesn't have an hdmi port.

edit* one other thing i read over at www.gamespot.com just now, why is it that disney and several other companies that are "blu ray exclusive" are releasing high definition content via Xbox live??? WTF is goin on lol!!
itll all be over later this year with blue ray as the only high-def format

Old 01-08-2008, 01:12 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Yako

where did that info come from? my friend has been tellin me similar things as he is in the same boat I am. As for the audio what exactly does that mean? That it can not produce DTS? If I'm not mistaken my xbox does and my receiver is a few years old so it doesn't have an hdmi port.

edit* one other thing i read over at www.gamespot.com just now, why is it that disney and several other companies that are "blu ray exclusive" are releasing high definition content via Xbox live??? WTF is goin on lol!!
itll all be over later this year with blue ray as the only high-def format
well see i have a ps3 but it stays at my girlfriends house (for those times when i wanna play some madden and so they can use it, cuz at my house it will not even be used)thats why i am thinkin bout gettin another. i'll probably just bring that one home its a 20gb but i will more than likely just use it for blu ray so the storage space won't matter. If i bring that one over, it will save me money anyway so what the hell. I'll just save my gf some money on the hd dvd player and bring the ps3 back home from her house. The only reason I have not used the ps3 for blu ray is because i was really hopin that HD DVD would win, but o well hopefully this whole mess will end soon lol.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
GrApHite03

Sh_t, i don't think i can let this one get away...

'89 M3, 69k miles. Ghetto Fabulous flat black, with black interior & beige driver seat. Needs love. $5100 as is. More if I actually have time to work on it. Salvage title, hit in right rear but repaired. Have extra windshields for it.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

'89 M3, 69k miles. Ghetto Fabulous flat black, with black interior & beige driver seat. Needs love. $5100 as is. More if I actually have time to work on it. Salvage title, hit in right rear but repaired. Have extra windshields for it.

That thing is sweet, tell me more details about it? V8??

Old 01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
GrApHite03

no 4 cyl...

QUOTE:

The E30 M3 is the BMW Motorsport-developed version of the E303 Series. Its S14 four-cylinder powerplant is a further development of the M10 unit and was chosen by BMW because of its compact dimensions. The S14 engine powered the E30 M3 from 1986 to 1991.
The E30 M3's S14 engine was designed for racing applications and is therefore compact and high-revving. It combines the basic four-cylinder block from the M10 family with a four-valve head derived from the one used on the six-cylinder M88 and S38 motors. Special features of this engine include individual throttle plates for each cylinder, machined intake and exhaust ports, and a crankshaft with eight counterweights. Like the M88 and S38, the S14 does not have hydraulic lifters, and thus requires periodic valve adjustments.
The S14 engine developed 200 bhp, but a tuned variant with 220 bhp was created in 1989 in a small production run with the designation S14 EVO (for Evolution).

In Italy, BMW produced an 2.0-liter S14 version since cars with engines over 2.0 liters were subject to high taxes. To achieve 2.0 liters, the stroke was shortened to 72.6 mm.

In 1990, 600 vehicles were built with the S14 EVO2 engine. With a 95.5 mm bore and 87 mm stroke, the engine produced 238 bhp and competed successfully in the DTM German Touring Car Championships.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

isn't that what you were lookin for???

Old 01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
GrApHite03

General specifications

Record last updated
07 / 17 / 2007

Country of origin
Germany

Numbers built

Years of production
1986 - 1991

Engine

Engine
S14 Straight 4

Engine Location
Front , longitudinally mounted

Configuration
cast-iron block, alloy head

Displacement
2.302 liter / 140.5 cu in

Bore / Stroke
93.0 mm (3.7 in) / 84.0 mm (3.3 in)

Compression ratio
10.5:1

Valvetrain
4 valves / cylinder, DOHC

Fuel feed
Bosch Electronic Fuel injection

Aspiration
Naturally Aspirated

Drivetrain

Chassis/body
unitary steel

Front suspension
wishbones, McPherson struts, anti roll bar

Rear suspension
diagonal arms, coil springs, hydraulic shock absorbers, anti-roll bar

Steering
rack-and-pinion, power assisted

Brakes
vented discs front, solids rear

Gearbox
5 speed Manual

Drive
Rear wheel drive

Dimensions

Weight
1200 kilo / 2645.5 lbs

Length / Width / Height
4345 mm (171.1 in) / 1680 mm (66.1 in) / 1370 mm (53.9 in)

Wheelbase / Track (fr/r)
2562 mm (100.9 in) / 1412 mm (55.6 in) / 1424 mm (56.1 in)

Performance figures

Power
195 bhp / 145 KW @ 6750 rpm

Torque
240 Nm / 177 ft lbs @ 4750 rpm

BHP/Liter
85 bhp / liter

Power to weight ratio
0.16 bhp / kg

Top Speed
235 km/h / 146 mph

0-60 mph Acceleration
6.5 s

0-100 mph Acceleration
19.0 s

Old 01-08-2008, 03:09 PM
GrApHite03

isn't that what you were lookin for???
yes, and no... I want the M3 body and chassis, but i think i'd rather have the straight 6 that comes in the 325e/i. The S14 engine runs a very high compression. The M20B25 and the M20B27 run lower compression can can be boosted very easily. Also the stock internals can handle up to about 450 RWHP. I don't think i'd be comfortable boosting on 10.5:1 compression with the S14 M3 motor.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The audio issue is between analog and digital...or in this case.... regular radio and HD radio.... it really doesnt matter "yet" because most audio setups (surround sound, home stereos) dont really gain any improvement. Are there some benefits? Yes....but not enough right now to make it be the deal breaker....

It's kind of like getting a fully loaded car without a sunroof as opposed to with.... for some it will make the difference...but most people wont care....and wont notice....

The Disney issue is even easier.....they're streaming video via Xbox Live....so it doesnt require ANY media. Doesnt need a DVD, HD-DVD, or Blu-Ray, just plays directly off a harddrive. Cost effective yes, but you have to wait for the downloads as well as if the HDD craps out...you just lost everything.

If you want a Blu-Ray player, it still is more cost effective to buy a PS3 over anything on the market. It's got more multimedia capabilities, its wireless, and you can still use it as a gaming unit IF you so choose. Is it the best? I'd say its up there....but it's definitely not the worst.

I hope that Blu-Ray does win out, and not because its attached to the PS3. Quite frankly, the capability of Blu-Ray (25gb single layer, 50gb double layer)(50gb single layer, 100gb double layer is currently in development)is already much more advanced then HD-DVD (15gb single layer, 30gb dual layer)

I've said it before, but imagine being able to purchase the entire Sopranos series on just one disc.....or the entire Lord of the Rings/Godfather movies with all the bonus crap on one disc. It's a win/win for all involved. That's not even considering the gaming industry. So many games are limited by what they can cram on a disc.....and thats why Microsoft is now trying to produce the 360 Ultimate which features an HD-DVD player instead of a DVD player.

You cant currently do that with most HD-DVD discs. The average dvd today is 8.4gb. Even on a dual layer HD-DVD, you might be able to fit almost 3 standard DVD's on it. As of right now, I know of no plans to improve upon the capacity.

Good luck with whichever you chose...but for $500....I'll take a gaming unit that's more capable over a standalone unit.

Quick Reply: Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...