2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:27 PM
contagious19
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...

dats a clean 2nd gen

Old 01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Mat00ES
Captain

Where abouts in MA is he, he'scrazy **** for driving with the top, it was pretty cold today.

Mat

Old 01-06-2008, 11:43 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Mat00ES

Where abouts in MA is he, he'scrazy **** for driving with the top, it was pretty cold today.

Mat
wareham, ma

Old 01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

^^ I haven't purchased an HD DVD player yet... I'm still waiting for the smoke to clear. Yes, it definitely doesn't look good for HD-DVD though. I guess we'll ave to wait and see.
Imeant as far as you andI pretty much being the only hd dvd supporters herelol. Got a question for you guys, I'm more than likely gonna take back this HD DVD player and pick up a blu ray one BUT shouldI go with a PS3 (more than likely ONLY used for blu ray drive as no games interest me AT ALL on the ps3) or should I pick up a standalone player??? The PS3 is pretty much the same price as a standalone but I'm thinking might as well get a videogame system as well. Let me know what you guys think, gonna take this thing back tomorrow

That eclipse looks like a beast! Real nice. My friend picked up a 2001 Mistu Eclipse GT for 4300 the other day.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:52 AM
contagious19
Champion

i would say get da ps3 cuz im thinkin of doin dat

Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Adionik
Champion

I don't know why you hesitate for a second to get a standalone blu ray player over a PS3.

Graphite, I waited online for you for a while, but you guys weren't online..?

I leave to Vegas in 5 hours. I'm excited as hell. Layover in Denver is FTL.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Adionik

I don't know why you hesitate for a second to get a standalone blu ray player over a PS3.
i like to have top of the line things. read my post, no games interest me at all for the ps3, nothing that is out now and nothing that is coming out. thats the only thing that poses a problem for me. I can probably get one of the newest models of blu ray player for the same if not a lil more than the ps3. I know myself, I won't play the ps3, heck i have 15 Xbox 360 games and only play two of them.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Adionik
Champion

I would still get the PS3 for the HDD and it's multimedia capabilites. You can store pictures, transfer stuff...all kinds of cool things consoles before weren't able to.

Blu ray is nice though. You can DL blu ray demos too...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
GrApHite03

two posts i foiund that will make me buy a PS3 over a stand alone...

quote:

The PS3 is a fine Blu-Ray player and will always be checked for compatibility as it will probably be the most prolific Blu-Ray player on the market.

Also the firmware gets updated frequently (though I expect it to stabilize). For example I think there was just a 2.0 firmware update that allows for BD 1.1 interactivity.

The only reason I would consider getting a stand-alone Blu Ray player is for 6 channel analog out, which the PS3 doesn't provide. So when you have a Blu-Ray player with Dolby True HD or DTS Lossless Master Audio you can't enjoy it with a PS3 (unless you have an HDMI receiver). I wish they would at least downmix it to 1.44 mbps DTS like the XBox 360 does -- the best you can get over SPDIF.

The other complaint would be the amount of heat the player generates. But it's a fine Blu-Ray player. And you gotta buy the Blu-Ray remote.

Quote:

my vote is the ps3, although some standalones may provide a better viewing experience I do not think you will notice a difference in quality between the BDP-S300 and PS3. The PS3 is also more future proof and can be updated via wi-fi/ethernet while the BDP-S300 lacks internet connectivity. The audio issue will most likely be addressed and in the mean time if you have an audio system that can distinguish this difference than more power to you, but not likely. (I know I don't)

Most blu-rays are double layer, and yes of course the ps3 can play these. A firmware update would potentially allow it to even play 4 layer 100 GB blu-ray discs that are currently being developed.

Sounds like some illinformed salespeople, or for some reason they are being told to push the standalones....the hd-dvd camp loves pretending noone buys the ps3 for blu-ray movies, but IMO its the best, hands down.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

where did that info come from? my friend has been tellin me similar things as he is in the same boat I am. As for the audio what exactly does that mean? That it can not produce DTS? If I'm not mistaken my xbox does and my receiver is a few years old so it doesn't have an hdmi port.

edit* one other thing i read over at www.gamespot.com just now, why is it that disney and several other companies that are "blu ray exclusive" are releasing high definition content via Xbox live??? WTF is goin on lol!!

Quick Reply: Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...