15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

lowering springs or red neon under car

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:19 AM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering springs or red neon under car

all are legal except red blue and white . So that leaves yellow , green and uv and purple and pink and orange. But I really could care less since the cops around here dont when I run with them on from time to time mostly when Im parked.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

talk is cheap acr, be a man and run them, even ur srt, i will kill them both, i have ran srts, and i hate them, they are for people that can not be different, mine is a built 2.0, and when i hook the nitrous up i will be running in the 400hp range, that is different my friend, good luck on ur srt, and ur acr.....ps the only looser in this conversation would be u......

Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
swimmer07
Veteran

you guys do realize what a forum is for right? to ask questions and help each other.. not who's car is better, faster, or looks the best, so cut it out

Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

this is the reason why i do not like this site much, because people are always bashing on other peoples ideas or thoughts, or questions...i know what the point of this website is and like the idea of a forum, but some people can just be ****ing stupid about giving an answer... neon lights may be stupid to some of us, but might be really cool to the others, there is no reason for people be like "ur car is ****ing gay because it has lights on it", my thoughts is if u dont have something nice than dont say anything. and if people want to start ****, then they should start backing it up....that is all i am saying, and back to the origanal post, do what u want to do, u make the payments on the car and u do what YOU want to do..... good luck

Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 AM
swimmer07
Veteran

thank you

Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
AirWolf

I agree with dt about if you dont have anything nice to say than move on and leave people to their ops. Some of us into the showmods and some of us are into go mods and some are into both like Iam.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

Go with the drop. it looks better, it's less expensive (depending) neons are illegal, the drop isnt. the drop will make you handle better the neons are just for looks and add weight to the car AND could drain your battery

so, lets put it this way

Lowering springs | Neons
Look nice | look tacky
legal | Illegal
better handling | More weight
less expensive in most cases | more expensive for what you get
Cant drain battery | Could leave you with a dead battery
show+performance mod | Show mod only
no wireing needed | have fun XD
less maintainence | more maintainence + precautions

if you say I'm being bias toward the spring. I am, but on the other hand... you could bottom out on the car with the springs. the ride is a bit more rough, and they can be a pain to install.

I'd still get the springs becase you get the best of both worlds

the lights barely weigh anything. what do you mean by maintainence and precautions? i have never hadto "maintain" my neons or have any worries about them breaking, they aretuckedaway andstill work the same and sit snugly as when i first installed them.
precautions need to be taken with lowering springs as well if you hit a pot hole thats big enough on accident you can screw up your alignment and possibly cause other damage to your suspension which will result in spending MORE money to fix the problem.
The neons are around the same price if not cheaper than lowering springs.
installation should be easier on neons, if you can wire up speakers to a radio you can install neons, i know because i am not good with anything electrical and i was able to do it fairly easy.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
nswap7
Captain

Go with springs..iv had both(at diff times). Love the springs, and the neons came off after 4 days cuz the tube shattered. its illegal and that should say enough. and the point of driving is to not hit stuff in the road like potholes. ill admit iv hit dumb things, but to those who can drive safely, go with the springs. and yes, the installation on both are not hard.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
AirWolf

Again with getting the led neons they are unbreakable and you wont have any probelms about being pulled over if you run them where the cops arent around you just got to be careful and look out for cops . I would still go with both. I have the leds in red already under my sxt and white under my 97 neon and dropped with an airride in my 97 and will go in the spring with somekind of drop for my sxt. led neons +drop= awesome lookin!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Mat00ES
Captain

Yes, you can break an LED. just because you haven't broken yours yet, doesn't mean they won't. Unless this is your opinion again, then Im sorry if this came off as bashing.

Mat

Quick Reply: lowering springs or red neon under car