2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

sell or swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:44 AM
redbirdhky6
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sell or swap?

well i was going to sell/part outmy car due to some recent problems, but i thought about keeping it andswapping a 2.4 out of a stratus in. what do you think? and what all do i need besides motor/trans and computer. will the neon a/c and stuff still work? oh, and merry christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Swordfish2Cowboy
Professional
Default RE: sell or swap?

I thought about doing something like this, but apparently swapping out a motor is hard or something. I have no idea what to tell you, though.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:44 AM
NeonOn19s
Captain

ORIGINAL: redbirdhky6

well i was going to sell/part outmy car due to some recent problems, but i thought about keeping it andswapping a 2.4 out of a stratus in. what do you think? and what all do i need besides motor/trans and computer. will the neon a/c and stuff still work? oh, and merry christmas everyone!
Really if you have the proper tools, you can do a 2.4 swap in a weekend. My friend has done many swaps in the 1GN and 2GN's... It does take a bit of time, he has been rebuilding neons for some years now, so its like riding a bike to him. He is able to pull an engine, rebuild and install with fluids and all in two days.... I know that it you take me a couple of weekends..... You can see who is helping me do my turbo kit

I hope that this helps...

Also Merry Christmas....

Old 12-25-2007, 03:21 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I would say it depends how cheap the labor is and how good of a deal you could get on another car.

Quick Reply: sell or swap?