2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

The Official SpikeyMikey87 Turbo Progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 06:46 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Default RE: The Official SpikeyMikey87 Turbo Progress thread

ORIGINAL: tooslow

why do you have 2 coil packs are trying too trick the stock ecu not too trow a code if so is it working?
I was wondering the exact same thing... I 2nd an answer

Old 01-08-2008 | 07:39 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Dude, thats the exact same air compressor I just bought a few weeks ago!! How well does it run that cut off tool? I have been thinking about getting one.

Old 01-08-2008 | 07:55 PM
spikeymikey87
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

ORIGINAL: tooslow

why do you have 2 coil packs are trying too trick the stock ecu not too trow a code if so is it working?
I was wondering the exact same thing... I 2nd an answer
yes you guessed it. i was waiting for someone to notice it, good job. it gets rid of the codes for no coil pack and injectors. its just an only coil pack and injectors hooked up to stock wiring harness. i just need to find a nice discreet place to put it.

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

Dude, thats the exact same air compressor I just bought a few weeks ago!! How well does it run that cut off tool? I have been thinking about getting one.

it works great with the cutoff tool. i have to take a break once and a while and let it build up pressure again, but not as much as i thought i would. it builds pressure pretty well too, its very loud though, but none of those are quiet. if you are in a garage using it, get ear protection. seriously...i went to sleep last night with my ears ringing i thought i damaged my hearing. had protection today and it was a lot better.

Old 01-08-2008 | 08:07 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

yes you guessed it. i was waiting for someone to notice it, good job. it gets rid of the codes for no coil pack and injectors. its just an only coil pack and injectors hooked up to stock wiring harness. i just need to find a nice discreet place to put it.
Please, get rid of that or get a code scrubber to erase those codes so you can take them out of there

Old 01-08-2008 | 08:12 PM
spikeymikey87
|
Record Breaker

1-8-08: Another beautiful day in NJ. it was in teh 60s today. Ok today i:
-Fixed the holes for my intercooler so it sits even.
-"modified the intercooler" since i have an automatic transmission, there is not much room for intercooler piping, so i had to cut off the notch on the intercooler that stopped the tube from going any further so that i could shove it on all the way. it will sit on my transmission, but im pretty sure it will fit.
-successfully moved the ECU. this one took up a lot more time than i anticipated. i had to cut and lengthen a lot of wires so that the plugs could reach the ECU in an acceptable place. i'm happy with the placement. it looks clean...ish. i may make a box for it at some time, but i am happy at the moment with it. i had to cut the original bracket to work with where i wanted it, but it ended up working out well.
-plugged the coolant holes on the turbo so nothing gets in there. i just put some silicone on the holes in the original bolts for it and screwed them in.
-started taking off the rest of my exhaust. i tried to take the midpipe out, but there wasnt enough room to take it all the way off (i needed like 2 more mm) so i went to take the cat off. got 3 nuts and then the third is stripped because i didnt realize i was using a 12 pointed star socket. started to take the header off instead. i took off the bolts for the upper heat shield and snapped one, but thats ok because i dont need it anyway. but now its stuck in my 8mm socket and i really like that one. i tried yelling at it, spitting at it, stabbing it, i even hit it, and it won't come out. ill try again tomorrow.
-Tested my coolant overflow bottle with hot water and no leaks!!!! Ghetto FTMFW!!!!!
-got another booboo

i'm still waiting on my oil pan, ill have to call the guy tomorrow

and now onto the pics:

I put my intercooler on today and noticed that it was crooked:
Name:  Picture001-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  114.7 KB

So after some cutting, i fixed it. sorry for the ****ty pic, but i had to hold it up while taking the picture:

Name:  Picture009.jpg
Size:  115.0 KB

New ECU location:

Name:  Picture011.jpg
Size:  154.6 KB

Doesn't get in the way of my 3" AGP Intake:

Name:  Picture003.jpg
Size:  139.3 KB

Plugged coolant holes:

Name:  Picture010.jpg
Size:  71.8 KB

I really like that socket too:

Name:  Picture005-1.jpg
Size:  59.9 KB

New booboo of the day. Its on my thumb. I burnt/cut my thumb. the metal cut/burnt right through my glove and thumb. it was when i was cutting my ECU bracket. no blood because it burnt the cut:

Name:  Picture008-1.jpg
Size:  55.0 KB

Got my new tires today. BFGoodrich Traction T/A for my winter tires. 195/60R15 o hells yea lol actually wider than stock, but it still seems so small:
Name:  Picture002-1.jpg
Size:  114.3 KB

Hopefully more progress tomorrow

Old 01-08-2008 | 08:32 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Looks pretty good, I am looking forward to your progress. On the cut off tool, about how long are we looking at for run time and at what PSI do have it set?

Edit: Here is my compressor:

Name:  ToolBox034.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  151.2 KB

Old 01-08-2008 | 08:35 PM
spikeymikey87
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

Please, get rid of that or get a code scrubber to erase those codes so you can take them out of there

dont hate on my amazing skills. ill hide it dont worry. its just sitting there to be out of the way

Old 01-08-2008 | 08:37 PM
spikeymikey87
|
Record Breaker

nice setup. i need a toolbox like that, but i have no room, and a creeper wouldnt be a bad i dea right about now either. umm psi? lol i just hooked it up and ran it. i dint really time it, but i know the compressor fills up in about 10 min i think, and i can cut for maybe 15-20 min intermittently.

Old 01-09-2008 | 12:48 AM
contagious19
Champion

did u get ur tires from da tirerack? cus dats how mine came in

Old 01-09-2008 | 01:20 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Go Spikey GO!!! I am just m00ching off of your for information. I am still buying sh...t!!! I just bought new pistons and rods though... that took my budget away from me. Can't wait to hear about more!

Quick Reply: The Official SpikeyMikey87 Turbo Progress thread