2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

blue colored bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 AM
lavaman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blue colored bulbs?

Just bought an '03 Neon SXT and was wondering about the blue bulbs in the headlamps. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this on their Neons? Any info would be helpfull.

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Yako
Captain
Default RE: blue colored bulbs?

the turning signals?? they supposed to be amber no matter what state ur in, its the law, and if the headlights itself, either u have silverstars or xenon hid's, maybe if u take a pic we could help u better

Old 01-09-2008, 04:07 AM
nineball
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Yako

the turning signals?? they supposed to be amber no matter what state ur in, its the law
not exactly true, at least here in ohio. you can have any color you want for turn signals or any other bulb for that matter. the only things not allowed are flashing blue or red lights, which indicate safety / police vehicles.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Yako
Captain

u should check the driving laws better, u cant have any other than red or amber for the back, and amber or white for the front, but not any other color, try going and ask a traffic officer while having green or any other funky color turn signals

Old 01-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Yako
Captain

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4513

4513.13 Cowl, fender, and back-up lights.

(A) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with side cowl or fender lights which shall emit a white or amber light without glare.
Any motor vehicle may be equipped with lights on each side thereof which shall emit a white or amber light without glare.
Any motor vehicle may equipped with back-up lights, either separately or in combination with another light. No back-up lights shall be continuously lighted when the motor vehicle is in forward motion.
(B) Whoever violates this section shall be punished as provided in section 4513.99 of the Revised Code.[/align]

Old 01-09-2008, 01:13 PM
AirWolf

I say every state laws are different . Look at the new rides out there they have blue headlights and they are stock . So just give them a try and see if you get pulled over or not they will just give you a warning anyways. I have had goldish/blueish hid like bulbs in my black housings for about a yr now and no problems with my cops here.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

I say every state laws are different . Look at the new rides out there they have blue headlights and they are stock . So just give them a try and see if you get pulled over or not they will just give you a warning anyways. I have had goldish/blueish hid like bulbs in my black housings for about a yr now and no problems with my cops here.
the stock headlights that are "blue" are actually white with a very small blue-ish tint, they HIDs which are street legal. I'm pretty sure that you can not have any other lights other than white or amber. Don't risk it, put some stock bulbs in there or some Silverstars, if they are street legal HIDs, I would say just leave them in

Old 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Yako
Captain

Turn signal colour:
Until the early 1960s, most front turn signals worldwide emitted white light and most rear turn signals emitted red. Amber front turn signals were voluntarily adopted by the auto industry in the USA for most vehicles beginning in the 1963 model year, though front turn signals were still permitted to emit white light until FMVSS 108 took effect for the 1968 model year, whereupon amber became the only permissible colour for front turn signals. Presently, almost all countries outside North America require that all front, side and rear turn signals produce amber light. In North America the rear signals may be amber or red. International proponents of amber rear signals say they are more easily discernible as turn signals, and US studies in the early 1990s demonstrated improvements in the speed and accuracy of following drivers' reaction to brake lamps when the turn signals were amber rather than red. US regulators and other proponents of red rear turn signals claim there is no proven lifesaving benefit to amber signals

check out my signature, as many others around the forum [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Yako
Captain

ORIGINAL: neon03se

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

the stock headlights that are "blue" are actually white with a very small blue-ish tint, they HIDs which are street legal. I'm pretty sure that you can not have any other lights other than white or amber. Don't risk it, put some stock bulbs in there or some Silverstars, if they are street legal HIDs, I would say just leave them in
(impersonating cop)
license and registration? (recives imformation)
do u know why i pulled u over sir?(pauses)
ur front turn signals are supposed to edmit an amber color not that funky color u got on, i'll just let u go with a warning this time..
(peeks inside the car and sees a mariguana joint on the carpet)
sir im gonnahave toask u to step outside of the car (calls for backup, arrests guy, inspects car and when they open trunk they find over 200kg of cocaine and mariguana along with an ak45 and some other guns, 10 different passports with same guy but different names and a briefcase with $55,000 in it) all because u had a different color turn signal

Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
AirWolf

I have like I said bluish and goldish hid like bulbs and never got pulled over Im a risky gal anyways . I do what I want anyways . Ive ran all blueish bulbs and the cops around here dont care . Ive seen so many run blueish bulbs which most of the time are white bulbs most xenon bulbs are legal . I actually have titnuim bulbs for my sides and turn signals and for my backups the 7led bulbs been running those for 2yrs now . I also have yellow bulbs in my foglights which are tinted . So I pretty much get away with my lighting and I actually accidently drove with my red led under neons on the interstate and around town without knowing and got away with that also. Got home and saw they were on. SO it all depends which state or town your in to see if cops pay attention or not.

Quick Reply: blue colored bulbs?