2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

well, got my money back....ALL OF IT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well, got my money back....ALL OF IT!!!!!

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE GUY THAT WAS "SPOSE TO BE" BUILDING ME AN ENGINE NEVER EVEN ORDERED THE STROKER KIT FOR IT,(trying to f uck me over)THE PISTONS WERE JUST AN EXCUSE SO HE HAD MORE TIME TO GET THE PARTS IN, SO NOW I HAVE A BLOCK BUT NO PARTS TOPUTIN IT, AND NO ONE TO BUILD IT FOR ME..... NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE A NEON BLOCK IN THE BACK OF MY OLDS...... HE REFUNDED ME EVERY DIME I GAVE TO HIM!!!!! BUT NOW I AM STUCK!!!!!!!!!!

MY QUESTION IS.....

does any of u know the quality of a short block from howell or modern???
i wanted to go a 2.4 stroker, but i may have to settle for a 2.2.... i may not settle to get the hp out of my car that i want to get out of it...... this week has sucked, and sucked some more!!!!

any imput on this would be greatly appreciatted....

i do not like the warrenty on the block from howell.... there is non, and that kinda worries me.... for the money i would be spending i would atleast want some kinda warrenty with a new block....(90 day, or something)?????????????????[:@][:@]

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
blackflame
Captain
Default RE: well, got my money back....ALL OF IT!!!!!

bummer, was he intending on ordering the parts or what? Did you just not use him for the dishonest part?

I can't help you with your question though, sorry.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Damn, people are fugged up these days I tell ya. All I can say is DCR, $$$$$$$$$$.....

Old 01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
GrApHite03

i was waiting on your completion... I was curious about the 2.4l stroker kit you were having done for two reasons.

1. I've never heard of a 2.4l stroker kit. AFAIK there is not enough room to bore out to that displacement. This is why the 2.2l stroker kit is just a crank to lengthen the stroke.

2. I've been wondering why you just haven't thought about puttinga 2.4l block in rather than paying for the machine work on the 2.0l block.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
dtjackten

i honestly am seeing the 2.4 swap being done way to much,(granted thepower may never be 600hp like the 2.4, but i like to be different)there is a stroker 2.4 accually the neon that was in sport compact car is a 2.4 stroker, so it can be done..... and i BELEIVE They r je pistons, rods and razor edge crank

he had partnumbers for the stroker, but never ordered them, (or maybe he just told me that he had the numbers)i am kinda on a time frame and am honestly not sure what i am going to do, i may run the stock block this summer(order the block) get the block fromhowell, but i would like to know how the quality is on the block..... it can take "several months" to get a block from them..... and i have alot of tuning and work to do figuring late april ( my bday is april 28th, i always take my car out that day), then when i get the engine back i can install it in a short weekend at my friends shop....

as for the dishonest people, i can not stand liers.... people that do that just **** me off... and i have a short fuse with people after i trust them, and PAY them to do a job, and they never get off there *** and do it!!! he had the block late summer, september, and said he had some other engines to do, and that is fine, i was not in a hury for it, i payed him mid november, becasue he had to have money down to order parts(understanding) but when i pay him and he does not order my parts with the money i give him, (and then some) there is something ****ed up about him.... so now after not trusting him to order my parts, i am DEFFENTELY not going to trust him with a very expesive bottom end assembley.....

but all my pistons, rods, and crankwere going to be forged, i do not see were the howells ones are or are not????

i REALLY wanted my car to be in the 400whp range, but now i am VERY frustrated, and am starting to wonder if it would be worth it, or should i just have a 2.2 stroker, or a built 2.0 go in my car???????????????...... NOT AS DIFFERENT AS I LIKE TO BE........[:@]

Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM
GrApHite03

If you are talking about the black 2002 in SCC it wasn't stroked to 2.4l. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...rbo/index.html

The car in the above link is "roach" from the .org. His site is here: http://www.roachracing.net/

Although his car is totalled (read on the site) it was a 2.0l SOHC. No stroke.

If you are talking about a different car, can you post a link or the issue date. I've never seen it and would like to take a look. Thanks

EDIT: Being different is not easy with a neon. There is not many options unless you want to go full custom. I would think a 2.4l whether it would be stroked or a Strattus/PT Cruiser/SRT-4 swapped would less original than a 2.2l or a 2.0l turbo.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
dtjackten

that is the car, and in the magizine artical....... i thought it said it wasa stroker, aparrently i was mistaken.....(i am going to go look for the mag. i have it someware)

that sucks that it was totaled.....

ok, but correct me if i am wrong, if i take an engine to a shop, shouldnt the guy know that it is not possible, to do??? and not take my money to do something that is not possible, i really wonder what he was going to do to the block????

just something does not add up....

MY BAD....., thanks graphite

maybe i need to rethink my bottom end and get some more info, but if i take it to get it built, i am deff not taking itto adrean again....

i see the 400hp car is bored .020 over, if i go with a block from howells, are the pistons and rods forged, or can i get them forged???

Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

ok, but correct me if i am wrong, if i take an engine to a shop, shouldnt the guy know that it is not possible, to do??? and not take my money to do something that is not possible, i really wonder what he was going to do to the block????
You should never make that assumption... Nobody has that much talent to be knowledgable in all motors.

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

i see the 400hp car is bored .020 over, if i go with a block from howells, are the pistons and rods forged, or can i get them forged???

http://www.howellautomotive.com/inde...amp;ProdID=674

ORIGINAL: Howell Automotive

Detailed Description

2.2 Litre Stroker Create Motor Short Blocks comes with the following parts installed. This is a replaces a 2.0 litre, out side demetions are the same. Clevite 77 Rod Bearing Set Clevite 77 Main Bearing Set Total Seal Piston Rings New Carter Water Pump All Mopar gaskets and Seals Melling Oil Pump Eagle Specialty Forged Rods JE Pistons in your choice of 8.6, 10.5 or 12.5 compression Seasoned Block Blocks are bored and honed with a deck plate to insure that the cylinder walls are true. 3.540 inch stroker crankshaft Crankshaft and rotating assembly are race balanced All clearances are blue printed When ordering your short block specify SOHC or DOHC, and specify compression ratio you desire. These are race engines and are sold for racing purposes only. They are sold as is, with no warranty expressed or implied. Short blocks are shipped without cylinder heads or oil pans. Engine contains no oil. Proper break in of engine must be observed to insure long life. Inspect all bracket mounting holes before use. Engines are built to order, estimated build time could be serveral months before engine is complete and ready to ship. actual shipping time may vary Short block without your core short block $2649.95. Shipping cost is extra. Blocks are shipped by Motor Freight from Keyser. Lift gate service to help in unloading is available at additional cost, but must be requested at the time of order. Engine must be signed for at time of delivery.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
dtjackten

thanks again, i may go that way now, i did just email the guy with that 2.0 400hp car, to see if maybe he had the block.... i will see about that first

Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
dtjackten

ps, i kinda feel like a F UCKING *** hole............[&o]

Quick Reply: well, got my money back....ALL OF IT!!!!!