This Day 1 Year Ago

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Day 1 Year Ago

Please take the time to read this:

On the date Febuary 2, 2007 our school and town faced a tragedy.
On the way to school a car with 4 students in it made a head on collision with an suv killing 2 students and injuring the other 2 students and the driverand passengerof the suv. I knew those students well and was very saddened when the school finally told us what had happened.
Everyday on my way to school i pass the spot in which claimed two lives that day, and to this day there still is flowers and candles around the area the car came to rest.
http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/702030327
The point of this article is to encourage everyone to obey the posted speed limits and to not be in such a hurry so this doesnt happen to you.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Default RE: Always Remember

to show what the car looked like after the accident.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Thats sad indeed... This happend about 20 miles north of where I live, I knew Scott Harmon personally, one of the 6 players who died, I also know his mother well and still go to school with his brother... It will be 11 months tomorrow...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/02/bus.accident/

Old 02-01-2008, 10:51 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Default This Day 1 Year Ago

Its amazing how what can happen in a day. They are there the day before then you never see them again.Wow the bus flipped over, thats really bad. Yeah its very sad wish it never happened but it did and theres nothing i could have done about it, but givetell theirparents im soory for your loss.
I'm sure there will be an article up tomarrow if there is i'll post it.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

it's a shame that this kind of things happen. but they do. i have friends lost in car accidents also. i asked myself a lot why it had to be like that. and i never found an answer. i'm not blaming speed or anything else any more, i just think it was their time to go. why GOD want's to take some of us that horible way, i guess we'll find out when it will be our turn to go. until then, i honestly belive that my friends are in a much better place, and they're whatching and guard us. and when our time will come, we'll go, no matter what way. so i decided to still enjoy life, and do whatever makes me happy, even if that means speeding or whatever else might sound dangerous.
but, what we also can do, is to do our best and be supportive to the familyes whom lost them.
so, GOD BLESS YOUR FRIENDS AND MAY THE ANGELS BE WITH THEM.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 AM
MJND1990
Professional

Im currently a senior in high school and when I was a freshman one of my friends died in a car accident. He was driving on rt. 502, which is a very winding country road. He was driving in the opposing lane of traffic racing. When someone started coming toward him the ******* he was racing wouldnt slow down to let him over. To avoid hitting the car coming towards him he went of the road and crashed into a 15ft. high solid rock wall made out of one huge boulder. Him and his girlfriend both died. A witness said he could hear him screaming right before the car blew. I was out for a fun run on 502 a few days back. I was flyin down that road coming back from the country when I pasted that spot. Theres multiple names written there of people that had died in and around that spot and its very sad to see. Im a crazy driver, but I'd never race someone in head-on traffic, and I know the max speed my car can take safely in turns. It's amazing how a short lapse of judgement, just for an adrenaline rush, can cost you your life. I think these people who you see ripping in and out of cars on the highway are crazy. Ok your gonna endanger your own life but your also endangering innocent peoples lifes too. I only drive fast when the road is fairly straight and I know their are no other cars on it. That way the only life that can be lost is mine, and if it is it is my own doing. I dont think a story no matter how trajic could completely stop me from driving fast. I love the rush. Its not the top speed that really drives me crazy as much as the getting there. The accelration. If my car can go 0-60 in under 5 seconds then thats all I need. I dont care much about 0-120 because I can never really test that out unless Im on an empty highway at 3am. GOD BLESS!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah, all these storys r sad, i take my racing to the strip, an accasion 0-60 run on the street where i am braking the speed limit by 5 mph, i do on some occations, it is not worth my life though, and the car that i have built and bled from, i would rather be around to see the next face of a guy drivin a mustang when i blow by him on the strip.......

anyway

i was in a car accedent about 4 years ago, and both people did make it, but let me tell u i walked away with a concusion, (dont remember much of it) ... it was an icy bridge and there was nothing either of us could do about it....... i see the guy that i hit somethimes around town, and when i hit him head on i broke his feamer, accually shattering it.... he can walk but he limps tearably, i feel like **** because of what i did to him, and i have a scar on my head about four inches long(from the roll cage in my jeep wrangler)but he will never walk well again, I did that to him, and nomater how much i tell myself that "there was nothing i could of done" u always have to wonder, what if i did not leave work early, or what if he was not going to drop his brother off at a friends house.......... or what if i would of just talked to my boss for another 30 seconds.....(but it also could ofbeen a semi that i hit instead of a s10 blazer) it is hard to have to deal with, and honestly i wish i could switch my injorys for his, but that is how god intended it..... ever since then i have a outlook on life that i never did before, i usedto ALWAYs drive fast, i had a mustang, and i drove that car like an old man after the accedent....... i am a very responcible driver now, and i think i am alot better driver now........

Old 02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
contagious19
Champion

a friend of mine recently passed away. it was him and some guy he had just met and they were out partyin. well my friend had been drinking and he didnt want to drive so he gave his keys to some dude he was with. my friend didnt kno the other guy was high and drunk. my friend asked him and he said no. well they where on the crosstown freeway in a 1995 Thunderbird. the driver lost control hit da guardrail, went across the freeway to the other guardrail at 80mph and threw the driver of the car through the windshield and my friend was left inside. da driver past instanly and my friend was in a coma for about a week and a half and then was pronounced dead. its sad to see friends like dat go. i knew him for 10 years and it sucked.

Quick Reply: This Day 1 Year Ago