2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

zex wet kit 05 neon

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 PM
inthewerks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zex wet kit 05 neon

been thinking between a hcraft turbo kit and nitrous. my buddy at the local shop told me on my car (2.0 sohc atx), nitrous is the way to go. he said since a turbo will unleash boost very often, it will put wear on the motor faster than nitro since its only on for about a 5-8 sec period only at wot. been thinking of that zex kit with the 55-75 jets on it. i think the pn: is 82021 or something close. need some feedback from someone using nitro about install, any other mods needed, etc. thx in advance.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Default RE: zex wet kit 05 neon

if set up properly a turbo will be more reliable and better for the engine than NO2

he said since a turbo will unleash boost very often, it will put wear on the motor faster than nitro since its only on for about a 5-8 sec period only at wot
Boost will kick in around 2750-3000 at a few PSI (1-4PSI). I dont know about you but my ATX shifts at 2500-3000 driving normally. no big deal. you dont want to boost over 8 PSI on stock internals, and you wont get 8PSI driving normally unless you have one hell of a turbo. when you go WOT then your boost will kick in nicely and you wont have to worry about NO2 running low

Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
fox02neon
Rookie

I would have to say the zex kit may be really easy to set up. I am actually installing a turbo on my 02 sohc. I had my own plate made up. I am using a kit set up from the srt 4. it has been a lot of work but if will sure pay off. On the side note I am going to be running only 5-6 psi until I can build the bottom end up. Well good luck on you choice keep the forum posted.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

say bye bye to your trans..... the auto trans wont hold for very long with a 75 shot of Nitrous at least not without a serious rebuild..... the clutch on a MTX would have to be replaced with a 75 shot as well, after a few pulls.... and its illegal to use nitrous on the road anyways so why would you want to run it anywhere but the track...? im sorry but in my opinion a turbo may be more expensive but it is sure as hell safer than a nitrous set up... thats just my opinion, but if Nitrous is what you want go for it dont let people like me tell you different

Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

u say that boost always is on, u can drive all day and all night with never building one lb of boost, and nitrous is very harsh on internals, plus if u want to race someone that bottle can always run out and u have to turn the bottle on, plus if u get pulled over and it is hooked up, u might as well have a savings account to get ur car out of the impound.....

just my 2 cents

Old 02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

hell yeah . in turbo applications, turbo lag is completely eliminated. in addition since the compressor is going to heat the air , the injection of nitrous is going to give you a large drop in intake air temp. just dont go crazy with a200 shot or somthing

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

crazy would be anything larger than a 50 shot....

Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

yeah turbo cheaper in long run, no nitro ever in mine, just maybe an empty bottle for looks, but i doubt it. Have better things to spend the money on

Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

man, sounds like everyone is against no2. let me talk to my motorsport parts guy again and maybe go for the hanscraft turbo kit. i just thought that since i would only use no2 during a race compared to a turbo that is always bolted up and boosting around 2500(who really stays under that rpm anyway),that no2 would do less damage to the motor. well then, i will keep everyone posted on my turbo install and maybe do a walkthrough for ya. thx for input guys.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

no problem, but i am going no2 at some point dont get me wrong,(but not till my bottom end is build, i am already boosted)but i am putting it on my car to run TWO times, once at the 1/4 mile, to get a good time, and the other on the dyno, just for braggin rights...lol

Quick Reply: zex wet kit 05 neon