More horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 11:17 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: More horsepower

200 for an AEM? must be nice..when i was shopping around, they were like 369.00 for my car. then again, if im not mistaken your TB is about 2 feet from your left front corner, as where my CAI, from TB to filter end, is something like 5.5 feet long.[:@]

Old 12-17-2004, 11:33 AM
NeonGal27
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhhh....ummmm...ok. Sure??? Header, CAI, elbow (dont I have one) etc. HAHA. I think I am lost on all of this. See, I dont know anything. Sorry guys I just thought there may be like a part or something I could buy to add. I didnt realize I had to change things and move things, and modify the resonator box....what the heck is that? haha. Duhhh.... I will try my best with what ya'll give me though, it is appreciated. Thanks MT.
[8D]

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

for intros, you can get a cold air intake, with a good filter. also, putting better exhaust such as a header and high flow cat will help.
For the 2001, you can use the stock box and filter, but need to remove the resonator box in the inner fenderwell and modify the elbow from the box into the engine compartment. This will give you a true CAI for nothing. When purchasing a catback, be aware that there were some variations in pipe connections in the first two years of the Gen2 Neon. MAke sure the kit has a provision for this. Gains from a catback are minimal. Headers are very loud on Neons, be prepared for an increase in the interior noise.

If you make changes to the exhaust, you may want to consider a new throttlebody as well. They work together and will allow max. gains with other mods.

Old 12-17-2004, 11:46 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See, I dont know anything. Sorry guys I just thought there may be like a part or something I could buy to add.
Well, if you were closer, I'd offer to do the work with you.

Old 12-17-2004, 11:51 AM
NeonGal27
Veteran

awwww. Aint you sweet. I dont have much money though. I suppose I could always make you some kind of dessert or something. hehe. I will pay you in food. Thanks MT.

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

See, I dont know anything. Sorry guys I just thought there may be like a part or something I could buy to add.
Well, if you were closer, I'd offer to do the work with you.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:43 PM
NeonGal27
Veteran

OK. This is what I found on Ebay......under 200 dollars. Anyone can let me know which one I should bid on. Thanks for the help guys!

Number 1.

DODGE NEON SOHC 00-02 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM WITH K&N FILTER

MSRP $129,-

SALE UP TO 50%
FIRE UP YOUR RIDE with a brand new air intake system with K&N filter! An air intake system reduces weight and air temperature by conducting less heat than a stock OEM air box. The auction includes a genuine K&N filter designed to increase horsepower and acceleration. The auction includes all accessories shown in the picture. The item is brand new, in-stock, and ready to ship!

Number 2.

PRODUCT : 2000-2002 DODGE NEON SOHC POLISHED COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM

MSRP $79.99
THE BEST DEAL ON EBAY EVER!!!
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Our pipe is made from high quality T-306 light-weight aluminum.
High performance air filter for better air flow, which will allow more air to your manifold. More air means more useable power and torque throughout the engine's RPM range, with even more power gain in turbocharged and supercharged engine.
Unique air filter design to prevent inadvertent water ingestion.
The free-flowing and smooth angles design will provide optimized air flow to gain more horse power.
Durable and high temperature coating. Perform as sharp as it looks.
Washable/Reusable/Cleanable air filter
This air intake system is BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, not refurbished or used one.
You can feel the difference after you install the intake. More powerful engine and the sound of your engine will be more powerful too!
Why bother to spend $300-$500 for the same intake, which will give you the same or less horse power/torque gain or the same result with the same intake's quality. Replacing air intake system is one of the best way spending your money to make your car perform better. Installing an exhaust system will even make it better, since an exhaust system will give less restriction for the air to flow out.
Our intake is design to fit your car without having major modifications. The horse power/torque gain usually varies for each car (up to 20 HP/12 lb gain). Each winner will receive all the accessories as shown in the picture.

Number 3.

This Brand New Air Intake System is for year Dodge Neon 2000-04 SOHC 2.0L Fenderwell Cold Air Intake System
With Brand Name Real K&N Air Filter
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Dodge Neon SOHC 4 cyl 2.0L Engine Except ABS and R/T model!

Some intake system setup or color might be different than the picture showed!
Our Air Intake System is simple and easy replacement of the old air box of yours. The air flow from your air filter to your throttle body will have smoother from the correct bend of the chrome pipe. With the 3 inches opening it will add volume of the actually restricted OEM air setup. Horsepower gain come from the inhale of power and believe to be at least 10 HP gain and more. Gas mileage increase is also another big part of the reason why a lot of people get our air intake system.
Make it easy for our customer to be able to install by themselves. The kits are all put in together as much as possible. “DIYâ€- Do It Your-self kit is another simple way that is known.

The sound of the engine is muscular and felt antagonistic straight from the hood. It has a different effect on individual engine; mostly move towards the positive side.
The installation time is usually less then an hour if the instruction is follow well. Any questions occur please email us and our representative will be able to help resolve your problem.

The Kit comes with:
3 inches diameter, heat resistant polished chrome finished air intake tube.
Hardware parts include clamps, bracket and sleeves rubber (some kits).
K&N Brand Name Reusable and washable performance air filter (Red Color)
This is a well known world wide brand name filter that has good reputation.
By the severity of driving condition the filter suppose to last for at least 50,000 miles between washing.
It is design for more filtration and strength....etc.
Installation instruction and customer services.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

none of them have brand names? do you have the auction numbers? if they have K&N filters, and is says that specifically, thats a good sign....not "K&N style" though..

Old 12-17-2004, 12:48 PM
NeonGal27
Veteran

The first one is Procarparts.com

The second is Makotoauto Trends

The third is Trac Racing.

Hope this helps. Thanks

Old 12-17-2004, 12:49 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

can you PM me auction numbers? i dont know that amanda wants us advertising peoples auctions on here...?

Old 12-17-2004, 12:49 PM
NeonGal27
Veteran

Here are the auction numbers:

Old 12-17-2004, 12:50 PM
NeonGal27
Veteran

sorry. too late