2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Man Down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:56 PM
DouglasSXT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man Down!!!

My little Neon let me down pretty good AGAIN!!! This time the tranny completely blew apart inside. I'm guessing this time it's more than a clogged filter. lol Was going down the highway with the cruise on and it made a bad stumble and kicked down to 2nd gear and stayed there... I got off the next exit and went down a side street hoping to find a spot to pull over and figure out what was wrong and then BANG, BOOM, CRASH, PING all sorts of wicked cool sounds started coming from the tranny... Leaving me just enough coasting power to swing it into an empty parking lot. Had it towed to the dealer so i'll hopefully find out on Monday the damage of everything. I soooooo hope that powertrain warranty is still good on it!!! Just spent almost $1200 on springs, struts, sway bars and tires this month soI really hope it's covered. Pretty sure I have the 7 year, 70,000 mile powertrain warranty ifI recall right, and I'm at 66,000 miles as of right now... I knew I should have just brought it in the last time when I found out the filter was completely clogged and the tranny slipped on me slighty... One other good thing is at the dealer, my best friend is the Parts Manager so I know he'll try his best to take care of me.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
fox02neon
Rookie
Default RE: Man Down!!!

I would not worry too much then. I ripped mine apart and they replaced it, but I had to pay the deductable of I believe $100. Plus the cost of the new clutch. You should be alright.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

isn't your car an auto? hopefully everything will work out for you

Old 03-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

Ouch.... sorry to hear that. Hope it turns out for you

Old 03-30-2008, 03:07 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

nice thing if your covered, just have to find a backup ride

Old 03-30-2008, 07:59 AM
DouglasSXT
Veteran

ORIGINAL: neon03se

isn't your car an auto? hopefully everything will work out for you
Yeah it's an auto... I was in drive while I had the cruise on then it shifted by itself into 3rd gear after kicking out ofdrive then making allsorts ofnice noises...

Talked to my buddie and he said I def have the warranty on it and they'll take a look at it first thing Monday. He said they're slow right now and thanked me for the business... LOLI'll find out the damage whenI get home from work... They make the dealer come up with a price in order to fix the tranny... If it's under 70% of the cost of totally replacing the trans then they have to try and rebuild it. I hope it's totally F***ed right up so they do have to give me a new tranny... Don't really want a rebuild kit in there and have it happen again for whatever the hell reason it decided to let go in the first place!

Luckily I have someone who's letting me borrow their car while mine gets fixed just so I can get back and forth to work.

What the hell doesn't go wrong with these cars???

Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
DouglasSXT
Veteran

Ahhhhh, the feel of a new tranny is such a good feeling! Gota new tranny plus a new radiator because that was clogged with all the metal debree from the tranny blowing to pieces. Wound up only having to pay $107.00 for some type of tax on the warranty... My buddy said the bill was in the Upper 3g's! That was a close call, hope nothing else major goes wrong with it for a long time... Now just need to get a break in this weather so I can do my drop, brakes, sway bars, and put my powdercoated summer rims on!

Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 AM
contagious19
Champion

congrats on gettin a free tranny. luky it was in warranty

Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Sonic01

Your ATX only lasted 66K? Is that common? if so i'm glad i have the 5 speed.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
underground6t9
Rookie

my 5 speed lasted about 70,000 and my warranty had expired, and the cost for a new trany was a little over 2g's. I have about 140,000 miles on the engine right now but, its running real strong. The reason why my trany went out was because I use to race it alot and I was always redlineing the engine. [&o]