2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Neon Stalls while driving, Power gone

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:17 PM
taylor0192
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Neon Stalls while driving, Power gone

Interesting, Mine is still at the shop and I have to call them in a little bit to see what they have found. I'll post again when I find out the information. Keep us updated to what they end up doing with yours.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
taylor0192
Default RE: Neon Stalls while driving, Power gone

Just called the shop and he replaced my ground wire because he is 99.9% sure its the ground wire. He is keeping it another day to drive and make sure its fixed. I'm leaving tomorrow for spring break and will not be back until the 14th so when I get back to drive it I'll let you know if I still have my problem

Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 AM
tech2
Default neon stall

Originally Posted by Wolfkopf
Hi there,

I got a big problem with my 2004 Dodge Neon SE and no shop could find out the reason yet:
While driving my Neon in rather low RPMs or even normal city traffic it just stalls andthe power goes out (incl. Power stearing, lights etc). In addidtion I now recognize a light ticking noise in coming from the engine while it sits.
It would start right back up. It now does it now every about 10miles so it is really not bearable.
There are only useless codes in the computer and nobody has found any mechanical failure yet.
I hope one of you guys has an idea with that and can help me,

Thanks
Also have a 2004 dodge neon that stalls or hesitates mostly with very hot weather. I have 2 ideas as to where the problem is located. My car is a clutch, so I still haven't figured out the reason for the infamous (kill switch) which makes the car hesitate when trying to take off. The other problem is the fuel pressure regulator, which normally in most cars is on the fuel rail near the fuel injectors,but on the neon, it is located on top of the gas tank just before the fuel pump. Between these 2 items, one of them is leading to this car stalling.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:58 PM
tech2
Default neon stall

Originally Posted by Wolfkopf
Hi there,

I got a big problem with my 2004 Dodge Neon SE and no shop could find out the reason yet:
While driving my Neon in rather low RPMs or even normal city traffic it just stalls andthe power goes out (incl. Power stearing, lights etc). In addidtion I now recognize a light ticking noise in coming from the engine while it sits.
It would start right back up. It now does it now every about 10miles so it is really not bearable.
There are only useless codes in the computer and nobody has found any mechanical failure yet.
I hope one of you guys has an idea with that and can help me,

Thanks
Had the same problem and started replacing the idle air sensor to cleaning the intake and throttle body. asked a dodge mechanic online and found out that it was the fuel pump! The fuel pump still worked, but wasn't delivering enough fuel pressure to keep the car running properly. There were days it would run very well and then get a very hot day and Problem! This was very bad in heavy traffic! So check your fuel pressure. Fuel pump may be the problem even if it sounds like it's working.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:44 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This post is 3.5 years old. They've probably fixed the problem by now or have gotten rid of the car...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Purple Neon Guy
Amateur

may be an old post but it may be the cause of my 2000 Neon issues.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put a guel press gague on urs and observe,
hook it up to the end of the rail and wire tie to the hood or the cowl and watch while drivin

Quick Reply: Neon Stalls while driving, Power gone