2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car accident update

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:37 PM
night709
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car accident update

I had posted back in October that I had been rear ended by the city bus in my neon. Well after almost 7 months of PT, testing, and lots of doctor appointments. They have figured out that I have a tear in my shoulder and need to have surgery to repair it. Well found out yesterday that the hospital wants me to pay 60% of the bill afterwards in monthly payments. The amount in total is over $12,000, so you figure 60% of that is around $8,000.

On top of having to pay that off, I will be out of work for a good period of time so I won't have income for a few months and still have to make payments to them and the other bills that I have on a normal basis. My attorney says that he is going to try to push for a settlement now after we get all the estimates for everything so that he knows how much to ask for which includes time off work and pain and suffering. I'm really hoping that the other insurance company will do this so that I can get my surgery and fixed up.

Have any of you guys been in situations like this or know of anyone that has? Wondering how long it might take before it might get resolved.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Car accident update

Assuming the original accident wasn't your fault (heh and in this country even if it was) your lawyer should be able to get you a settlement to at least cover your medical expenses and automotive repair expenses. Have him push to cover lost income due to the accident, mental duress, pain, anguish etc. If your lawer is half decent you should have a big check coming your way...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:46 PM
night709
Veteran

He is pretty cool guy, did work on one of my friends cases from adog bitting off half his ear.

Yea, I was just sitting at a red light one day when I had got off work. Was going to pickup my girlfriend so we could go get some food to eat. Reached over infront of my passenger seat to get something to drink and next thing I noticed was I was bouncing around in the cab and my car scooted a few feet forward. looked behind me and there was a shuttle bus right behind me.

I couldn't say that I'm not looking forward to the check, my first things on my agenda once I get it is to immediately go have surgery as soon as possible. I want to finally be able to sleep right again and not feel like my shoulder is on fire 24/7. [X(]

Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

My father had the same surgery your about to have in january. He is still unable to work(legally) and goes to therapy twice a week till may. He can't get his settlement till january 2009.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
night709
Veteran

ea, my lawyer is trying to push for a settlement so that I can get the surgery for my shoulder. I'm just really hoping that the other insurance company will do so and not wait till I get completely healed just because I couldn't afford the bills to do that. I hate insurance people so much it's annoying how many hoops you have to jump through to get just a little bit of things done.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

g/l to you.
IT takes so long for the settlement because he is basically suing the gov't(post office) for overloading post cons, causing him to get hurt.
Since you were in a car accident you should get your settlement soon.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
night709
Veteran

I'm hoping, for the surgery it is going be a lot and the doctor says there is a chance I might have to have a second sugery. Even if I do everything that I'm suppose to do and listen to the doctor each and every step. That I could still lose mobility in my shoulder and have ot have surgery to release it and have to restart again. [X(]Hoping by the end of the week that I will have all the estimates for him so he can start with the paper work to get things done.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
fox02neon
Rookie

I got into an accident in 99 and got my settlement in 02. I had over 40grand in doctor bills. When I got a letter in the mail from a doctor I just let me knnow what was going on. I paid the least amount of money possible. In the end I won my case, but it did take a long time. I would not wish this upon anyone. One thing my lawyer did get was a small amount of money to pay down some bills. Good luck

Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

My father can is now legally disabled, i think like 25% or something like that.
That means that he doesn't have 100% movement of his arm so he can sue the company for disability for the rest of his working carear. His settlement is going to upwards of 100k minus the cost of surgery and workers comp.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
night709
Veteran

I'm not to sure what's going to happen, going to schedule an appointment with the attorney for this Friday to see how things are going to be looking and all that great stuff. I just hope that I just have the settlement now and when surgery is over that I have 100% of my mobility back in my arm/shoulder.

Quick Reply: Car accident update