2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Out With The Old In With The New (PROJECT) UPDATED With Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008 | 05:43 PM
KARR
|
Record Breaker
Default RE: Out With The Old In With The New

I read about that valve. I also read about K&N making a "sock" that goes over the filter. We dont flood here so I guess I dont have to worry. Thanks guys. Now let the advice for my ride begin.

Old 05-15-2008 | 11:18 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

is that true freerider, i trust you but wonder what the neon god has to say. Also i thought that the performance is just eliminated in the rain.

Old 05-17-2008 | 10:25 AM
Baddog44
Professional

ORIGINAL: Freerider

The Bypass valve eliminates all performance that you'd gain from the intake.

FYI
actually it doesnt. The valve doesnt even open unless a vacuum is created from the filter of the CAI to begin with. Only way for that vacuum to occur is when it is completely submerged in water and thats when the 12 flaps in the valve open up allowing the air to be sucked in instead of the water from the filter. So without that vacuum it acts as if it isnt even there allowing your CAI to perform the way it always does

ORIGINAL: djmagic

is that true freerider, i trust you but wonder what the neon god has to say. Also i thought that the performance is just eliminated in the rain.
yes thats when your cai is worthless because the air isnt passing through the intake anymore, its like its going straight from the engineto your throttle body. who seriously needs their CAI in the rain to begin with? lol i say its a great investment only if you dont wanna hydrolock yer engine and be in the hole 4 grand

Old 05-18-2008 | 01:02 AM
Izero
Champion

ORIGINAL: Baddog44

ORIGINAL: Freerider

The Bypass valve eliminates all performance that you'd gain from the intake.

FYI
actually it doesnt. The valve doesnt even open unless a vacuum is created from the filter of the CAI to begin with. Only way for that vacuum to occur is when it is completely submerged in water and thats when the 12 flaps in the valve open up allowing the air to be sucked in instead of the water from the filter. So without that vacuum it acts as if it isnt even there allowing your CAI to perform the way it always does

ORIGINAL: djmagic

yes thats when your cai is worthless because the air isnt passing through the intake anymore, its like its going straight from the engineto your throttle body. who seriously needs their CAI in the rain to begin with? lol i say its a great investment only if you dont wanna hydrolock yer engine and be in the hole 4 grand

^^^ Sounds like someone needs the Driver Mod and the avoid big @$$ puddles mod.....

Old 05-18-2008 | 02:11 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

hmm interesting

Old 05-19-2008 | 09:02 PM
Izero
Champion

they are cheap mods though...... lol

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:27 AM
KARR
|
Record Breaker

I still havent put mines on... Dam rain. Anyway I cant wait to install it and see how it performs and sounds. Im waiting to get a few more parts then Ill take the ride to my uncles and install my goods.

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:18 AM
KARR
|
Record Breaker

I just posted pics of my car that I washed today. I still want and will mod her out.

Old 05-24-2008 | 11:18 AM
KARR
|
Record Breaker

Im open for ideas. Give details. I know Im getting rims.

Quick Reply: Out With The Old In With The New (PROJECT) UPDATED With Pics