2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

i'm so pissed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:34 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i'm so pissed...

Exactlly, take it ot them say heres whats goin on fix my car. Other than that start mentioning the lemon law or......... Even better walk into the showroom and start talking to a few people that are looking to buy new cars and start telling them how "great" the service is and how easily they will fix your car if you have a problem. That usually works pretty well. Oh and I am young and have pretty good eyesight, but can we size up the font a little, my eyes still hurt, lol.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:33 PM
2004sxt
Veteran

I don't believe how long this is taking them. I took the car there this morning at 7:30 and it's now 4:30 and apparently they haven't figured out, hence haven't done anything about, the problem. According to them it's giving a code for a bad O2 sensor again but they just ****ing replaced that **** yesterday. So now they're going to keep the car overnight and in the morning they're going to see how bad my engine knock/tick is and work from there. The guy mentioned something about perhaps the valve within the engine might be screwed up or something. Beats the **** outta me all I know is that I want my car back and this is taking them WAYYY too long to do it. I mean, how long is it gonna take? Today is day 4, tomorrow is day 5... could this go on to a whole week or maybe 2? These men are supposed to be professionals but instead seariously sit around forever. The worst thing is that I honestly don't know what to do. They're being kind enough to ME as a person that I can't just bitch at them and say, "do your ****ing job and fix my car you bitches!" ya know? However, they're taking long enough to where I'm becomming concerned that they don't know what they're doing at all and don't intend on fixing it. Mother of God please help me[X(]

Old 01-12-2005, 09:44 PM
lonasindi
Veteran

when I got my first oil change, they forgot to put oil in. destroyed my engine. new engine after 3000 miles. I don't go to that dealershiop anymore.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:17 PM
TJW815
Veteran

well, I hope you made them give u a loaner, they really can't say know except if your under 21 then a parent has to sign for you.

Old 01-15-2005, 03:28 AM
ewetho
All Star

the P2097 code is ---Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System High Limit;
This means your 2ndary O2 sensor or cat monitor is picking up a rich condition that your cat cannot keep up with. Your 1st O2 sensor is the fuel trim and 2ndary is catalitic converter efficientcy monitor.

So you are running rich and your 02 or pcm is not keeping up with it. So as it sits you have a couple of possibilities

Bad injector/s -- spraying to much fuel
Bad fuel pressure regulator -- spraying to much fuel
Bad pcm -- who knows what it is trying to do. Would need live data out of a scan tools to see things such as fuel trim.
Bad wiring -- multiple possibilties

In the end you may also need a cat.

Old 01-15-2005, 03:38 AM
roadrnnr
Rookie

Look around under the hood for a broken or unhooked vacuum hose. Listen for a air sucking sound if you see nothing noticeable.

Quick Reply: i'm so pissed...