2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

i'm so pissed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:24 PM
2004sxt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm so pissed...

[font="Trebuchet MS"]today was the 3rd time in three days that I've had to take my car in because of a check engine light. First they told me it was a fluke, second time they told me it was 2 bad cylindars and needed spark plugs and a tune up, today they tell me it's the O2 sensor. Yet again the light came back on 2 hours later and tomorrow morning at 7:30 am will be my 4th and hopefully final time. I'm so ****ing pissed off, I just want them to quit lollygagging and fix the ****ing problem. It's costing me a fortune in gas and not to mention my few days off a week to drive my *** there at dawn and then by dusk have the problem come back again. If there's a 5th time I'm gonna blow up on them and say put in a new engine because I don't have time for your bull**** games anymore. It's like all they want to do is pretty much do as little as they can and then cross their fingers that it'll go away. Why can't they just go the extra mile and actually find out what's wrong with it[&o] I'm about ready to go crazy, I bought the car so that I wouldn't have to worry about **** like this happening, I thought it was going to be reliable but I guess I ****ed up.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:37 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Default RE: i'm so pissed...

Sorry to hear that. So far mine has been reliable. But I know things like this happen to any car maker. My mom had a 2001 civic and had constant problems, and their support was just as crappy, Kept making excuses. If it is the same problem, not sure where you live or this may be a federal law. Check out the Lemon Law. If it keeps having the same problem, over and over again, they have to take it back I beleive, You will have to do a search on the internet to get the specifics.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

What codesa re you throwing?

https://dodgeforum.com/m_126008/tm.htm

https://dodgeforum.com/m_63384/tm.htm

The above links will tell you how to check for codes.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
2004sxt
Veteran

[font="Trebuchet MS"]I got some information on the Michigan Lemon Laws... very interesting stuff, I've never even heard of these before you mentioned it. Anyway, I read up and apparently if the problem persists enough to where it is causing me stress or strain instead of reliable transportation I can file a suite and am pretty much guarenteed a refund if they've tried to repair it a reasonable amount of times without any success. The one thing I'm not sure about is how many times is "enough" in their eyes. I rest assured though since they have Lemon Law Attourneys Phone # on the site with free consultation. It just sucks though, I love my car, I really don't want to lose it.[sm=smiley26.gif]

Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
2004sxt
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Cr@zy Squ33

What codesa re you throwing?

https://dodgeforum.com/m_126008/tm.htm

https://dodgeforum.com/m_63384/tm.htm

The above links will tell you how to check for codes.
[font="Trebuchet MS"]That's another weird thing about my car... I try to pull codes out and this is what happens... (in my head before I do it I say, "alright, work this time!") ... ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON ... Then all I see (where my digital mileage for the car is usually displayed) P2097, then I look at the check engine light and it flashes 10 times without any pauses. Beats the hell outta me[>:]

Old 01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

Well, the first link I gave you will give you the definition of the P codes. Try checking them first before taking it to the dealer, then when you get there tell them what codes it's throwing exactly and what tehy are. This way they can actually fix the problems instead of guessing.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:04 PM
2004sxt
Veteran

believe me I've looked through them, there's nothing close to code P 2097 in there. It stops at code P0804.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:16 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

What type of issues is the car having, anything noticeable (other then the check engine light coming on)? I've found the best way to get the dealer to do something is to be extremely specific on the problem/issue and just keep ragging on them. Maybe your PCM is F'ed up?

Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 AM
2004sxt
Veteran

[font="Trebuchet MS"]In the beginning when it first turned on I noticed that the engine was running a little bit roughly during idle and normal everyday driving. In the mornings I would notice the engine would make this god-awful noise until I either revved the engine or until it warmed up entirely. Even then whenever I'd come to a stop I could still hear the tick-tick-tick, except it wasn't nearly as bad. After they replaced the spark plugs I noticed the engine sounded much more firm and the engine slap/tick was gone. Now I really don't notice much wrong with the car when I drive it except for a vibration underneath the dash whenever I accelerate. It could be the catalytic converter's ****ed up or who knows. Maybe the car is suppose to have that vibration. I'm just paranoid because I don't want this to turn into something that's going to cause major damage to my baby.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:43 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I would tell them all that right there...you were pretty specific. I don't really know what the problem could be, but if you tell them specifically what is wrong then they usually have a better idea of what the problem is and how to fix it.

Quick Reply: i'm so pissed...