2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Core Charge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 06:34 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Core Charge?

Since were talking about the AFX computer, I want to tell u all something about Howell. I like them but, things they do aggrivate me.[:@]

They had a bad review about the AFX (street) computer for the 2000 SOHC Neon. Read this real quick. They replied to the bad review and acted like they didn't change the website less than 2 weeks ago to change the discription of the product.

Product: AFX Computer 2000 SOHC Street Strip AT Dodge Neon
Date: Sunday 09 January, 2005

Review:

Not at all worth the money or the wait. I had to wait nearly a month for this item and when I received it I was not at all impressed. There is no way that you are going to get the 20+ horsepower that the website claims. Way overpriced as well. The old mopar performance PCMs were priced much better with a much greater increase in power. I'm talking actual power not claimed. The only cool thing was that the fuel line cut off was set higher than 4k rpms in neutral.

Webma-
ster: We have NEVER made a claim of 20+ horsepower on our street strip computers. You typically get 7 to 8 horsepower. We have seen as high as 14 on race computers. Mopar Performance only makes computer for 1995 to 1999 Neons with Manual transmisson, so in this instance you could not purchase one for this year and transmission. On the 95 to 99 Manual cars, we recommend the Mopar be purchased in place of the AFX street strip

[&:]Huh.
I was just looking at the AFX (street) computer alot b/c I was about to order it and I saw the discription of the product got changed. They changed the increase of the "Typical flywheel horsepower from 9-23 down to 7-8 horsepower. Howell tends to get rid of bad reviews[:@]. Atleast they made that correction though.[&:]

Quick Reply: Core Charge?