2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I got a ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Mat00ES
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a ticket...

For $125. Coming over a bridge, I go around a guy barely doing 10mph. As Im coming through the intersection at the end, I look in my rearview mirror. Theres a statey on my *** with his lights on. I pull over, he literatly comes running up to my car screaming "state police, do you have a probelm driving". After all the BS, turns out my blinker was out. He wrote me up for an unsafe lane change,$100, and failure to signle,$25. He also, put alittle note saying it was a multi lane change at highspeeds. I was barely passing the other guy. On a good note, he didn't say anything about my exhaust.

Mat

Old 05-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Baddog44
Professional
Default RE: I got a ticket...

ahh tough break bro...sometimes when cops see our cars they already have it in their head that we are doing something wrong so when we forget a blinker or something they are all over it like flies on ****

+1 for no ticket for exhaust lol

Old 05-21-2008, 02:49 AM
spec_ops57
Rookie

Are you going to fight the tickets?

Old 05-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Adionik
Champion

I got that same bull**** "Unsafe lane change"

What a load of crock

Old 05-21-2008, 03:57 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahaha I woulda totally asked him if he was being courteous and polite, pretty sure thats in their job description... cept knowing me i prolly woulda been an idiot and said "Do you have a problem being courteous on the job?!" or something kinda funny but totally outa line... hahaha anyways.... thats a ridiculous crock of S*^t and i'd totally fight that, go there and just tell the prosecutor that your blinker was out and b/c of the way your car looks and sounds the police officer gave you a hassle and also presented himself in an unprofessional manner, and see if they'll drop the charges... bring a pic of ur car or something just to illustrate the point if need be.... im sure you can get this dropped or at least reduced...

oh and if they don't see if you can get the public record tape of the incident WITH AUDIO, so you may present your case that the officer was rude to you... unless you made a wisecrack yourself they might actually fine him for "unprofessional conduct" or something along those lines (its rare that it happens but sometimes you get a good judge who likes to screw cops like that...) just a thought though

Old 05-21-2008, 08:36 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

Do you have to go to court or can it be waived? If you dont have to go to court than dont. Here traffic court cost START at $119. + your ticket. So just walking into court you have a charge of $119+. So for me if I could waive the ticket it would be cheaper to pay without going to court.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Mat00ES
Captain

Im gonna fight it. I saved the receipt from the bulb, and the burnt out one. I drew a little map of where I was and what I did. I didn't give the cop any lip, even said thank you when he handed me the ticket.

Mat

Old 05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

Did you turn on your signal? if you did and the light was burned out then you're in the clear. he cant give you that ticket if you signaled and the light was out. all he could have done is give you that fix it ticket.

Here's my story though!!:

Ok, so it was raining like a bitch all day one day last week and it had cleared up alittle in time for me to go to work. Now, I was running late due to an idiot coworker saying they'd be at the meet site and not showing up (we carpool and get paid for it.) so I'm racing up the GSPW doing 80 in a 65 about 5 miles from the CMC toll and I look over and see the statey waiting. I let off and slow down, too late, his spotlight came on and he pulled out, i slowed down knowing I'm caught for sure and he pulled me over, asked for everything including "do you know how fast you were going?) I said about 75-80 he said He clocked me at 80. and then looked at my inspection sticker (first time I've seen one do this, lol) he asked me why I was going so fast and I told him I work for RGIS, I'm late to inventory a store because of a coworker not showing up and I was just trying to get there on time. he went back to his car then came back 2 mins later handed me my **** and only gave me a warning. I was about 5 mins late to work but damn. 80 in a 65 and only a warning!

Not all cops are pigs, just most of them (I still hate cops, btw, less their my friend)

Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

You had a nice one.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

I know. I got a nice one! lol, he was a young rookie. so that's why