2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Izero's Progress Log...(56k go bake a cake)Update: 5/29/08

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008 | 06:14 PM
Izero
|
Champion
Default Izero's Progress Log...(56k go bake a cake)Update: 1/21/09 Made a List...

Well Its time for me to start myself one of these...I guess you can call it an attempt at motivating myself to follow through with my plans, anyways here it goes... I wish I saved pictures from when I bought the car... when I bought it, it only had the AEM CAI, a Lowering Kit and it had a set of 18" Konig Imagines (that i sold), the altezza that are still on there but are now lensless (my mistake...), and a fart can.

Shes a Shale Green Metallic 2001 Dodge Neon ES and her name is between me and her...

I'm one of the few lucky 2001 ES's that came from the factory with a 5spd MTX, 4 wheel discs w/ ABS & Traction Control, front and rear sway bars, the sunroof was added by the previous owner, it works nice though, no leaks or anything...

Heres Her Current Mod list:
- SRT4 Rear section w/ straight pipe (No resonators) from the Cat back. I also have a Vibrant Dual exhaust so i can pass inspection.

- Mancini Racing Silver Powder coated Valve Cover

- Kobe Envy 17x7" rims wrapped in Kumho 711's (i think its 711..)

- TriNet Motorsports x-drilled & Slotted Rotors (icebreaker design)

- AEM CAI

- Booger Shift Linkage Bushings

- Prothane "Race" MMI's

- 1.6"-1.8" Lowering Kit, not sure of brand they were on when I bought her (springs only... I plan on getting Tokico Blues soon)

- Vibrant Type-V F & R strut bars

- Prosport Narrowband A/F & Oil Pressure Gauges in an Autometer dual pillar pod

- SRT-4 Store Red LED Dome Light (so my night vision doesn't get messed up when someone needs light for something)

- SRT-4 Shift Boot w/ a cheap Pilot shift **** (working on getting a nice CNC'd aluminum shift **** made

- Color Matched M3 Style Side view Mirrors

- Diamond Clear DEPO Headlights

- Modified (Lensless) Altezza Tails

- Custom "Gutter Guard" Grill [Silver]

- Supra or GSX style spoiler w/ LED Brake Light (idk which it is b/c it was on her when i got it..)

- Rear Tints and front windshield A-line Tint (got it with front tint too but had to take it off.. couldn't see anything at night & illegal in NJ)

- Eclipse Dual 12" Subs in a Tuned and Sealed Box

- Eclipse XA1000 Amp

- JVC KD-G720 Headunit

- Kicker KS693 6x9 3-way speakers in the rear

- Polk Audio DB650 6.5" 2-way speakers in the front (still have stock tweeters till I can find ones that will fit in the stock bracket w/o too much modification)

- Stock 15" Steelies wrapped in Kumho Ecsta ASX tires (205/55/15 size) [for the winter time]

thats about it for now...

I did however find a picture of the old rims...

Before I took the lenses off the tails:
Name:  neon001.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  122.7 KB
Name:  neon013.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  148.8 KB

Before Rims:

Name:  PhillyMeet1-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  S7000167edit.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  53.9 KB

After Rims, I also got a nice set of x-drilled and slotted rotors from TriNet Motorsports... they work aweeesome & painted the calipers silver :

Name:  CaliperBeforePaint.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  18.5 KB
Name:  CaliperAfterPaintWithWheel.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  24.8 KB
Name:  CaliperAfterPaint.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  18.8 KB

And Then on impulse I got a CF hood... (trying to sell it now but nonetheless, heres pics of it along with my gutter guard grill hahaha):

And the Rear Deck & Trunk:

Name:  neon025.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  121.5 KB
Name:  neon017.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  121.6 KB

So thats how she sits now... and now for my favorite part... FUTURE PLANS!:

I'm having a lot of trouble choosing to go with the Hahn Turbo kit or if I should go with a custom SRT-4 Turbo setup, I kinda dont have a ton of tools that I'd need to do a turbo project but I really wanna get it done. So if anyone has any input about which way I should go I'd love to hear it...

Ok so besides a turbo I also wanna get myself the following:

- MSD Ignition Coil w/ some nice wires

- I wanna do a full engine dress-up all tubes and lines replaced with silicon ones

- Tokico Blues (my struts are basically shot....)

- Clear Sidemarkers and 3rd Brake light lens

- I def wanna make my trunk look something like this:

Basically as soon as I get my struts and little bolt on's done I'm gonna turbo her if I can make up my mind on the subject.... anyways all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome, thanks for readin' I'll keep ya'll posted as I get new stuff!...

Last edited by Izero; 01-21-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Need To Update Thread Title
Old 05-26-2008 | 07:24 PM
DouglasSXT
Veteran
Default RE: Izero's Progress Log...(56k go bake a cake)

Pretty cool idea to make up a thread of theactual stuff you have... That way you can just post in it whenever you get updates done. I like this idea, think I'll do the same soon.

Car looks realnice...

I've just never been a fan of the carbon fiber... I like the cleaner look of the body being one color. Maybe alsolose the molding off the side to clean up the body line???

Old 05-26-2008 | 07:42 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

lookin really nice... and i must say i think i need to do something like this at somepoint... but i dont have alot of time to do it.... to top it off i am not that great on computers either.. so it would prolly take me FOREVER...

anyway, i really like those rims, they look sharp..

quick question? i see the back windows r tinted but not the front driver and passanger...is that to keep the cops off ur back? or did u plan on tinting them later at some point? i was thinking about doing the same with my car... but have more important things to get for it... lol

keep up the good work

Old 05-26-2008 | 07:45 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

Nice. I like those rims. In that one pic were you having a house built? LOL. How do you have your Amp in your truck? It looks like its just sitting there.

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:06 PM
Adionik
Champion

HUBCAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:39 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

sorry... but i just made one of my own.... lol.... had a few extra min... i just hope the pics worked.... lol

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:51 PM
SiX1N9N3
Rookie

looks great.... not over the top... unlike some idiots that make their cars look like those crappy looking happy meal mcdonalds cars......

Old 05-26-2008 | 09:46 PM
Izero
|
Champion

thanks for the props guys....

Doug:

I like the way the CF kinda accents the green... its one of those things you have to see in person, the pics don't do it justice, and about the side moldings... I've def. thought about taking them off, but considering its a 2001 and its a darker color, I just know that I'll get a ton of bubbling and what-not under them if I remove them, plus its my daily driver and I park in the parking deck on my schools campus and well lets just say not everyone is that carful when they open their doors... and the moldings have def saved the doorpanels from some nasty hits... hehehe

drjackten:

When I got the car it had all the windows tinted but when I went for inspection they wouldn't pass my car until the tints were off... plus nighttime driving with that degree of tint was just not happenin.... Like I almost hit someone that was walkin b/c i couldn't see them so they were gone the next morning.... The cops by me are def. hardasses about front window tints specially the Staties that pull me over from time to time, I just dont have the $$$ to be spending on stupid tickets like that, I do however plan on maybe getting some really light tints on the fronts just for looks....

Karr:

ahahahaha, Yea bro I wish to hell that was my house... but nah... I was driving around a town called Alpine... VERRRRRRY wealthy area... people on the NY Jets and Giants live there, as well as Eddie Murphy, 50-cent i think has a house there too... or some rapper... i honestly dont care much about them... haha anyways yea its got some nice hilly roads with some big *** houses and stuff... so yea its all good

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it commin... I can always use some inspiration!

Old 05-26-2008 | 10:38 PM
mat663
All Star

I think what started all of these project logs was NeonOn19's...He had a project thread, then i copied him (dont worry, It wasn't coprrighted so i am good)...now it is spreading like wildfire...lol

But I love the fact that everyone is making one of these for them selves. It is really fun reading all of them..unless if they dont know what the are doing and add rice to it.

So yeh, Izero I like where your progress is going man. Did you do the rear dash speakers? Did you cut circles to make them fit? I might think of doing that sometime. I was enjoying this thread when all of a bloody sudden...THERE WERE NO ENGINE PICS. That made my day....so you should fix that and post some pics pronto. even if its stock, i just like to see bays and how people mantain them.

And one more question...I am currently looking for a drop set up. Does your car bottom out on big bumps often? Is there any rubbing? Any problems at all? I found these skunk springs that lowers 2.0 to 2.5...is that too low?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...em350063902192&

Old 05-26-2008 | 11:29 PM
Izero
|
Champion

yea man those skunk2 springs are wayyyyy too low... I live in NJ where the roads are horrrrrrrrrible... my struts are pretty much shot atm though... its actually #1 on my fix it list for this summer #2 is suspension bushings...... but as far as lowering springs go... i'd say get yourself the tokico blues with some sportline springs and you will be hooked up .... or you can save the $$ and get yourself a nice set of coilovers...... which are def a big plus for ride, adjustability and all that.... i am thinkin about getting myself a set of Ksport coilovers depending on how much $ i can save up this summer <<<forever hopeful hahahaha

oh and about there being no engine pics... yea I know I'm getting to it... I think i have one or two around here somewhere I'll see if I can get em up tonight or tomorrow or somethin'

lol almost forgot about the rear deck... yea I did it myself it took FOREVER b/c all I had were some shears and w/e... if you do, do it Just ONE suggestion, keep as much of the carpet fabric as you can on there b/c it looks better when you can fit your speakers in there and then tuck the carpet around the rough edge of the area you cut out making it look cleaner ... I cut too much off of mine by mistake but its not that noticable so w/e its all good

Quick Reply: Izero's Progress Log...(56k go bake a cake)Update: 5/29/08