2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

sound systems vs. udp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sound systems vs. udp?

That's a lot of bump. Dont do the flip-flop trunk thing then or you'll blow that sucker right off the deck.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

and btw, pizza shop i work at is called benitos, theyre only in michigan so far, and theres like 10 stores here. best pizza ive ever ate in my life.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:08 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

thats cool man

Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

haha. i didnt think it was that much bump, just enough for a neon. i was planning on making my power supply suitable to push 1000rms, i know with my car stock, with zero gauge, i need lots of power.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Exubus
Champion

Hmm you can push 1000 watts RMS reliably with 2-AWG and save ya some money and weight... like I said though sounds like you're on the right track, you need defeinitely a better battery and/or other capacitance like a blast cap or three, and beef up that alternator.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Adionik
Champion

I put on a UDP...unless you have a serious system I wouldn't worry about it. My **** still gets really loud and bumps hard and I don't have any problems with my cheap *** everstart battery.

Half the people talking about the UDP don't even have one. They're retelling what some guy had on his car 3-4 years ago. sad.

BTW THe gains are not worth it. Don't put one on unless you get it dirt cheap or you already bought it

Old 07-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: Adionik

I put on a UDP...unless you have a serious system I wouldn't worry about it. My **** still gets really loud and bumps hard and I don't have any problems with my cheap *** everstart battery.

Half the people talking about the UDP don't even have one. They're retelling what some guy had on his car 3-4 years ago. sad.

BTW THe gains are not worth it. Don't put one on unless you get it dirt cheap or you already bought it
Good advice from my experience as well...

Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

haha that doesnt help me, i now own one, and it is being shipped via ups tomorrow. i am not putting this on my car and it is going to sit here and collect dust. maybe i can make a cup holder out of it or something unless someone wants to buy it.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

and my $1000 i have invested in my bumps, are no match to some part i just bought for $50. and i dont even have new door speakers or an amp to push them. i would be pissed if i cant bump as loud anymore. makes me think more and more about being a looker, and a bumper, not a racer. my next car will be a race car

Old 07-01-2008, 04:06 AM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Adionik

That's a dumb comment... What is wrong with a 3 year old story. My battery light used to come on all the time when i had my system and unorthodox and that was more than 3 years ago. Since 3 years have gone by does it make it not true? I then thought about how stupid it was to try to make a car go fast with 2 12s and an amp in the trunk. What a waste... the stereo came out that afternoon.

To the OP, Don't waste your money on go fast parts if you're gonna add a 100lbs in the trunk. You want to feel a difference, then tanke you system out the trunk and forget about the UDP. One part does not make you go fast anyway, its a combination of parts that do so.

The UDP was great on my turbo car... getting up through the revs a lot faster is a good thing under boost. and btw, there are no gains with a UDP. You are freeing up hp that was originally being used by your PS & Alt

Quick Reply: sound systems vs. udp?