2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

sound systems vs. udp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sound systems vs. udp?

... and also a very good call by Graphite as well...

Damn I love this forum lol

Old 07-01-2008, 05:41 AM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: IowaNeon04

That's a lot of bump. Dont do the flip-flop trunk thing then or you'll blow that sucker right off the deck.
i did da flip flop mod and won a DB race and my trunk was fine

Old 07-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Exubus
Champion

No rattle? hmm...

Old 07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Adionik
Champion

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Adionik

I put on a UDP...unless you have a serious system I wouldn't worry about it. My **** still gets really loud and bumps hard and I don't have any problems with my cheap *** everstart battery.

Half the people talking about the UDP don't even have one. They're retelling what some guy had on his car 3-4 years ago. sad.

BTW THe gains are not worth it. Don't put one on unless you get it dirt cheap or you already bought it
That's a dumb comment... What is wrong with a 3 year old story. My battery light used to come on all the time when i had my system and unorthodox and that was more than 3 years ago. Since 3 years have gone by does it make it not true? I then thought about how stupid it was to try to make a car go fast with 2 12s and an amp in the trunk. What a waste... the stereo came out that afternoon.

To the OP, Don't waste your money on go fast parts if you're gonna add a 100lbs in the trunk. You want to feel a difference, then tanke you system out the trunk and forget about the UDP. One part does not make you go fast anyway, its a combination of parts that do so.

The UDP was great on my turbo car... getting up through the revs a lot faster is a good thing under boost. and btw, there are no gains with a UDP. You are freeing up hp that was originally being used by your PS & Alt
I knew the way I said it might backfire on me, but I do see info from time to time reguritated and lost in translation. Aka, the borla headers and OBX threads. [:'(]

Your 3 year old story is STUPID!

>_>

<3

Old 07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Baddog44
Professional

if u want the best answer ask caraudioholic send him a pm or something he could prolly tell you what you need to do. As far as i go i got 2 12" mtx audios in the trunk and when mine bumps it dims too but what i was gonna try before buying a performance alternator was just try getting a grounding kit to see if that will help with it. I have a red top optima and its a great battery but i dont got the parts in my car to utilize its full potential

Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
N30N
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03
To the OP, Don't waste your money on go fast parts if you're gonna add a 100lbs in the trunk. You want to feel a difference, then tanke you system out the trunk and forget about the UDP. One part does not make you go fast anyway, its a combination of parts that do so.

btw, there are no gains with a UDP. You are freeing up hp that was originally being used by your PS & Alt
[sm=youreright.gif]+1

Old 07-02-2008, 05:43 AM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: IowaNeon04

No rattle? hmm...
peel a seal. works like dynamat just cheaper.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
lblackneon
Champion

Along with a high capacity alternator.
I had the AFX UDP along with my sound system and it killed my Red top Optima battery. The battery would have lasted way longer if I didn't have that UDP. I also had a cap for my sound system.
In the end, the UDP wasn't worth it with that combination. Put the stock one back on and was still happy with the performance.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Adionik
Champion

Peal and Seal gets really hot and melts during the summer...leaving a horrible smell from what I hear. It's more tar based. It will work but I wouldn't use it. I'd use that raamat.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: Adionik

Peal and Seal gets really hot and melts during the summer...leaving a horrible smell from what I hear. It's more tar based. It will work but I wouldn't use it. I'd use that raamat.
it gets 100+ here n my peel n seal. is still sticking and there is no smell. i dont kno why ppl keep saying dat

Quick Reply: sound systems vs. udp?