Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

msd and Iridiums for me.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 AM
2000LX
Rookie

Originally Posted by IowaNeon04
The Diamond Electric OEM coilpack that was put on many Neons has a secondary output voltage of 44,000 volts.

Look up the output voltage of the MSD pack for the 2ng-gen Neon, and you guys tell me if you want to waste your money.

I know the answer, because I used to build the OEM packs in our cars.

Save your money
Right on....

Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
2000LX
Rookie

Originally Posted by KARR
What coil pack do you guys have?
Stock

Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

alright here is what i run, i have msd 8.8 wires.. (have had them about five years, still work great!) and i run a colder heat range plug for my turbo... depending on what u want to do with the car, build up or what not i will help u this way.... if u go with performance the stock champions SUCK!! i could not keep a plug in my car after the turbo was on it.... i ran a colder range champ and still the same problem, i decided to get ngks, and those things worked great, ran them one year so far, and seeings the bottom end will be rebuilt when i put the plugs back in it i will put a new set in it... but i have been running ngks since.... jsut my experience with plugs in my car...

Old 08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

OK. So how often do I change my coil pack?

Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Exubus
Champion

Originally Posted by dtjackten
alright here is what i run, i have msd 8.8 wires.. (have had them about five years, still work great!) and i run a colder heat range plug for my turbo... depending on what u want to do with the car, build up or what not i will help u this way.... if u go with performance the stock champions SUCK!! i could not keep a plug in my car after the turbo was on it.... i ran a colder range champ and still the same problem, i decided to get ngks, and those things worked great, ran them one year so far, and seeings the bottom end will be rebuilt when i put the plugs back in it i will put a new set in it... but i have been running ngks since.... jsut my experience with plugs in my car...
I assume with the boost you were getting "blow-out" ... the NGK's probably helped with this as you said. For us who are still stuck with 9.3:1 NA, it'd probably be much harder to notice than it is with the setup you are running.

KARR: Odds are in your favor you won't have to ever replace the coilpack. They are rated at a 150k mile minimum, but usually have no problem lasting much longer than that. Failures do happen, but the percentages are so low I wouldn't bother with it until (or if) it fails...

Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

Good I was hoping I didnt have to buy a coil pack. Ill just buy the plugs and wires like I started to. Man I changed my front turn signals bulbs. The passenger side was a b****.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Exubus
Champion

Did they burn out on you, or did you go with something different? My bulbs are fine, but the orange glaze on them is starting to flake off and lay inside of the lamp.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

You know what Iowa ol' buddy (LOL) I thought they were just blown out and I been bought the bulbs for the turn signals and the side markers, I was too lazy to change them. So I changed the side markers when I dropped in my CAI. Well I went to change the turn signals yesterday but stopped. So today I decided to do them and found out my turn signals weren't blown but were not there at all. Thats right no bulbs. I was pissed. What brand bulbs do you have Iowa? I bought Sylvania. Got them at Walmart.

Quick Reply: Im Looking For Good/Best Spark Plug Wires