2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What my lip kit would look like....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:03 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or send it to me, and my friend and i can do it for u? we have done mine, i will post some good pics of it, my bumper has been VERY highly modded.... shaved markers, 03+ headlights put in a 02 bumper, and a honda accord lip kit... all molded in, it just takes time... just remember anything that has been cut out can go back in with the right tools... hahahhaha the best tool i will tell u to use is NORTANS SPEED GLUE, it is made for urathane bumpers and flexs with the bumper... it will however cost u about 35 dollars a tube, and a special cocking gun that is about 35-40 dollars, but i will say this, it is stronger than a weld when used properly... it is amazing stuff, pricey but unless u hit something pritty hard u will not have to mess with it, becuase fiberglass will not flex with the urathane bumper like this stuff will.... i would hate to see u put that much work into that kit and it crack out on u when u drive down the road!!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:21 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dtjackten
or send it to me, and my friend and i can do it for u? we have done mine, i will post some good pics of it.
Please and thank you... I know that they have to make the sunk in license plate holder some where, so that i wouldn't have to make it. Well you don't live to far away from me so sending it to you wouldn't be an awful idea if i had to.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
dtjackten

well, a sunk in holder u could find at any sport truck magazing, they do it alot with frenching in there licence plates on the tailgates.... they r metal though, or u could i am sure do this.... take ur stock licence plate frame that holds ur plate on now.... i BET u could get that to work to!!!! or go to a local junk yard... i am thinking u could find something that would work... for something like u are doing, a junk yard is going to be ur very best friend, take a day u have time to just walk around...(hint, dont look for complete bumpers, they will sell u a peace of one dirt cheap if it is broke) after u get ur body kit, to see what kind of shapes/ contours u will need.....

oh yeah, if u get peaces of a few bumpers dont be surprised if the guy at the counter will make a funny face at u, he did me when i brought in two broked bumpers off of two different 03+ neons, one yellow and one red... cost me five dollars....

check out my gallery it will give u an idea of what has been done to my bumpers

Old 08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

It doesn't look like the 2002 bumper in the center beam section is tall enough to have the license plate tucked in their. going to my locla salvage place would work they have tons of 2gn gen neon body parts, only problem is its not the type you walk around in..

Old 08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
dtjackten

u should try to find one that u can walk around in, just by looking u could find something

Old 08-20-2008, 04:09 PM
dtjackten

oh yeah srtgrt34.... u could try to do this with ur plate to... i was going to but ended up turboing the car, so i did not have the room.....

they make a licence plate that will flip down when u start the car (works by vaccum) then when u turn the car off it folds back up, u could mount it to the front bumper support and run a vaccum line to it and have it fold down so the cops will not mess with u, then when u start the car up the vaccum will push it back down and away u go.... just a thought, i started to make my own... but decided to turbo the car and there was no room for the plate to tuck up and out of the way because the intercooler was there....

just a thought, there is alot of ways to get out of the licence plate bs of ny.... just have to be creative....

Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

Did you happen to go to troops creek dt? I'm from Scio so your not far from me at all. Like a 20 minute drive lol. Never even noticed that you were from hornell. When i'm home from ohio we'll have to go torture some of the local hondas lol.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:42 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dtjackten
oh yeah srtgrt34.... u could try to do this with ur plate to... i was going to but ended up turboing the car, so i did not have the room.....

they make a licence plate that will flip down when u start the car (works by vaccum) then when u turn the car off it folds back up, u could mount it to the front bumper support and run a vaccum line to it and have it fold down so the cops will not mess with u, then when u start the car up the vaccum will push it back down and away u go.... just a thought, i started to make my own... but decided to turbo the car and there was no room for the plate to tuck up and out of the way because the intercooler was there....

just a thought, there is alot of ways to get out of the licence plate bs of ny.... just have to be creative....
Have anymore information about this? seems like a great idea although it does seem like it has some bugs such as, the license plate wouldn't have that much room to tuck in the bumper and might not fit in the opening of a 2000 bumper also would this vaccum hose effect any other systems in my car.

I was thinking about having it sunk in and having a cover that i could put over it for shows, ya know like what some of the c5 vettes had.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
dtjackten

Originally Posted by smallblockfreak
Did you happen to go to troops creek dt? I'm from Scio so your not far from me at all. Like a 20 minute drive lol. Never even noticed that you were from hornell. When i'm home from ohio we'll have to go torture some of the local hondas lol.
hell yeah!!!! that is sweet to have someone so local... i would deff want to meet up with u, problem is my neon is not drivable.... but hell a dodgeforum guy should get one of the first rides in a 400whp neon dont u think??? lol, would love to meet up with u sometime, let me know when u r back in ny...

i will have to look into it srt... i can not remember where i have seen them... but there is a kit to buy with everything needed... a friend of mine has it on his 51 custom, next time i see him i will ask him... it works great, but like u said there is some bugs involved...

Old 08-21-2008, 12:44 PM
dtjackten

oh yeah, troops creek i have been to but horseheads pic a part is where i usually go to....

Quick Reply: What my lip kit would look like....