2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Srtgtr34's Audio & lighting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KARR
Srt try some PB Blaster and let it sits for a few mins.
I'm going to try one more time, on saturday and use my impact gun.
And the hard part is not installing them its wiring them up. Thw color coded wires from the factory were ripped out by previous owner so I have to either replace or trace back the speaker wires to see which is left,right ground and power, since the new ones are all that gold color.

On a side not I have really noticed a large sound difference between the left and right side of my car. The mtx speaker on the left really overpower the crappy cadence speaker and is so much more crisp and smooth. I can't wait to get that dam window crank off.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

I need to replace my door speakers. Maybe Ill get some for my Bday. Whats wrong with your window crank?

Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by KARR
I need to replace my door speakers. Maybe Ill get some for my Bday. Whats wrong with your window crank?
I guess the previous owner didn't know how to put them on so they just glued it on. So I need to break it off and get the plastice off the crank.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Mwahah, I showed that window crank whose boss and drilled that bitch out. So now both front speakers are installed and sound beautiful!!! I was going to do the rears but I looked in my tool cabinet and saw that I didn't have a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter that I need in order to use the bit on my impact gun. So I will be buying that tomorrow, I'm off sunday so maybe I can get those rears installed. Hooking them up is a whole nother story I don't see where on the tsock radio harness the 4 wires are supposed to be wired and I need to buy wiring in order to run new lines since the others are gone. The only wires running back there are the a/v style wires which were used for the amp.

Edit. Almost forgot, I got the door fasteners today and my order from autolumination.
2x 9 led white towers (trunk light, dome light)
2x 5 led amber towers for front side markers

Last edited by srtgtr34; 01-15-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:44 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Just got that P.I.A. rear deck lid cover off and removed the 2 6x9's. Hopefully I can get them hooked up. With 2gn being down I have to find a wiring diagram somewhere else which is becoming hard. I will update with some pictures later.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
NeonOn19s
Captain

its not too hard I did mine with no issues.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

6x9's are INSTALLED!!! & look awesome.

Here are some pics of them installed:

If you can make it out you can also see the trunk dome light with the 9 led bulb.

I didn't stop there...........

I decided to install those pretty little speaker grilles that I color matched.

So I took out the dremel and got to work, since their was a stock grille on the back speaker panel cover I knew just where to cut. I did one side the correct way and the other side wrong but it still looks awesome. If anyone should do this they should cut the carpet covering into triangle like I did to one of the holes below to make it look alot better. Well I'll stop talking and give you the pics:

And here we have the final pictures of everything installed:

Enjoy!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
mat663
All Star

Damn I love the look of those speaker grills!!! Excellent work on the speakers

Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

I spent almost 2 hours listening and tuning these speakers with the h/u and man do they bump! These things are great full range speakers. They create almost the same bass as a subwoofer would. I would highly recomend these 6x9's they are truley awesome!

Some Future things:

My Tax return check should be a fairly good amount, half will go to the r/t savings and the other half will go to finishing off my two projects (led and audio).
As for audio I'm just going to buy the 3.5 mtx dash speakers and get an infinity Basslink II which is a compact sub and amp in one unit kind of like what the srt's had its 250 watts and will be plug and play since I have all the wires in the trunk already.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ssLink+II.html
And for the leds, I want to get these led foglights and led fog light strips which will come out looking something like what the new audi's have.
http://www.carhidkits.com/led-fog-li...ights-207.html
http://www.carhidkits.com/led-fog-li...ights-203.html

Last edited by srtgtr34; 01-19-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
contagious19
Champion

quick question, i been trying to take off my door panel but i seem to have problems wit it, i get all da screws off but cant get the window crank off and then da cables from da door handle

Quick Reply: Srtgtr34's Audio & lighting Thread