2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

whats better.. cold air intake or short rams?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:46 PM
JRADSNEON
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjs182004
thanks

Old 10-29-2008, 04:12 AM
pasgaines
Professional

ihave a CAI and it in the wheel well but i have problems when it rains it sucks up some rain water, i can hear the engine rev a little higher once in awhile like every couple of minutes, but no performance change just that little rev i can hear every liitle change in the engine thanks to my cherry bomb out back but i like it, i have put the factory air box back on but cut the front half off totry to block some rain water blowing in on it but no luck there, remember that when buying a CAI,( how to keep water out).

Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 AM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

Originally Posted by pasgaines
ihave a CAI and it in the wheel well but i have problems when it rains it sucks up some rain water, i can hear the engine rev a little higher once in awhile like every couple of minutes, but no performance change just that little rev i can hear every liitle change in the engine thanks to my cherry bomb out back but i like it, i have put the factory air box back on but cut the front half off totry to block some rain water blowing in on it but no luck there, remember that when buying a CAI,( how to keep water out).
if you have your wheel well cover on it shouldnt get that wet but if u dont have it on like i do then well yeah sometimes it gets wet but ive gone trough a big rain storm without getting it wet.

cant we use a bypass valve looking thing to cure that water thing

or what exactly is this for?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

The bypass valve will cancel out what little performance the cai has. What would be better is the k&n cover.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 PM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

Originally Posted by djmagic
The bypass valve will cancel out what little performance the cai has. What would be better is the k&n cover.
where can i find those at.?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

they are on k&n's website. Its a cover for the filter. I would say try your local performance shop

Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
pasgaines
Professional

my wheel covers are in place, the water is coming in trough the huge new grill openings, i thought about blocking them off some how form behind the bumber, any thoughts?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:36 AM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

Originally Posted by pasgaines
my wheel covers are in place, the water is coming in trough the huge new grill openings, i thought about blocking them off some how form behind the bumber, any thoughts?
dang i never thought about water coming in trough the grills.
but and i just thought this really fast in my head like keep the silver grill but try to add like a cover made from trashcan tops you know like the plastic tops behind it. it probably wouldnt look bad and u might not even notice it.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
mjs182004
Veteran

I've had my CAI on since 05. I've been through very heavy rains, lots of snow and big puddles and yet to have any problems with it. I live in Northeast Ohio and anyone who lives here will agree that the weather changes on a day to day basis. If your weary about getting a CAI, don't. get a filter cover as DJMAGIC stated and you will OK.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

Originally Posted by mjs182004
I've had my CAI on since 05. I've been through very heavy rains, lots of snow and big puddles and yet to have any problems with it. I live in Northeast Ohio and anyone who lives here will agree that the weather changes on a day to day basis. If your weary about getting a CAI, don't. get a filter cover as DJMAGIC stated and you will OK.
we already have one we were just talking about now how to keep it dry there in the end.

Quick Reply: whats better.. cold air intake or short rams?