2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Camshaft position & HO2S Circuit Low Voltage codes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 PM
thisisrightnow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft position & HO2S Circuit Low Voltage codes?

So I pulled the codes off my car earlier tonight because I need to get my car fixed up for an appraisal so I can trade this sucker in and get the new Cobalt. 4 codes popped up but I have a pretty good idea of what one of them means, the other 3 have me stumped. Well, actually, one has me stumped. I just need opinions on what the other 2 would be, like getting down to the nitty gritty.

0137 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
0344 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent
0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit

My check engine light has been on for quite a few months now, but going to college full time and only working part time and having a 365 a month car payment (Yeah, I got duped on that one), I just couldn't afford to take it to get looked at.

I have NO idea what the first code even means.

With the other two, I know the cam shaft has to do with the engine firing and I asked this question some time ago and a couple people said the whole cam shaft itself usually doesn't go bad. Obviously my car starts so it can't be the cam shaft itself. To pin point the problem, what could the problem be exactly when it says sensor circuit and then sensor circuit intermittent? Could it just be a wire or whatever that is loose so it's not reading the sensor so it has problems firing sometimes? Or has anyone else had a similar problem that I am having? I'm a girl and I need someone to explain this stuff to me. I tried searching for these particular codes and I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact problem.

I would love to just trade in my car like it is, but that wouldn't do me much good when my car is already upside down as is. So I need to get to the bottom of what's causing the cam shaft problem, what exactly needs to be done to fix it and what parts I need to fix it. I feel like a complete dummy, but I don't want to spend $75 to take it to someone to tell me it's this or that and then have to pay for parts and labor. The actual camshaft sensor on auto zone's site is $20, so that's pretty decent, so I would just have to pay for labor and hope that would fix the problem. Also, what exactly does it mean when it says it's intermittent? Like I know what intermittent means, but not in terms of what the cam shaft is doing.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Quick Reply: Camshaft position & HO2S Circuit Low Voltage codes?