2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Halo Lights with HID kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
irishking
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo Lights with HID kit

Has anyone installed the halo lights with the HID kit. I already have the halos installed and im really liking the HID kit. But I have mixed answers. People tell me the 6k kit will melt the housing of the lights. Also if i install the HID kit and it is possible to do with damaging the housing what do you do about the high beams. there are two sets of bulbs in the halo lights now. one for low and one for high beams. Any ideas or someone that has the answer please let me know. thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
one_disturbed_person
Rookie

Just get some 6000k - 10000k xenon bulbs from ebay. Looks the same only you will know the difference.

Daniel

Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 PM
irishking
Professional

so your telling me the 6000k H1 bulb will look the same.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

The lower temperatures like 4300 and 6k have a low possibilty of melting the headlights compared to the 8k and higher.
I installed mine and its been about month, I checked my headlights yesterday, no problems.(i'm running 6k's) I'm not running my high beams because they really aren't needed, the hids are bright enough, but you can wire them up. There is a write up on the org.

You would notice the differance between 6k non hid and 6k hid bulbs easily... Regular bulbs just can't compare to hid systems.....

Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 PM
one_disturbed_person
Rookie

The H1 Xenon bulbs should look the same. I know the Xenon 9007 bulbs with my stock headlights were a super bright white (6000k) similar to HID. It was really fun having those. I would go by people on dim and they would flash their brights at me to dim my lights...only for them to find out that they were on dim when I flash them back and they almost run off the road. Kinda funny...lol

Daniel

Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 PM
irishking
Professional

if people are flashing you cause your lights are to bright its probably caused your lights are aimed up to high. you might wanna adjust them. you might wanna see the road in front of you not the sky above you.

as far as the kit i think the 6k hid kit is a good idea thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
one_disturbed_person
Rookie

I thought the same thing so I took the car and had them aligned. They still did it. Idiots... lol. It was still funny.

My dad was telling me the other day about how people do that to him. His truck is a fully stock 2008 Ford F150. When they flash him he pulls out the **** that turns his lights on bright and also turns on his fog lights. Be it that his is almost new, I know it can't be an alignment issue. I have since changed to Projector headlights. They are off alignment by a hair but no one notices. If I get Xenon bulbs for them does it matter if it is low beam or high beam? I need four bulbs total but if the bulbs are both low and high beam, will they come on the way they are supposed to or will I be running all four lights at the same time?

Sorry to hijack your thread...

Daniel

Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
irishking
Professional

mine plugs right into the socket. so when i flicked my highs on the switched from low than when u flick back to low the high go off. the dont both come on. Than what i did is wired the led lights in mine to the turn signals and than the halos i wired into my parking lights. maybe an hour hour and a half project easy to do..

Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 AM
one_disturbed_person
Rookie

I already have mine installed, I just didn't know if the xenon bulbs would act the same way as the halogen since the xenon is both low and high beam. I wired all of the led/halos to the parking lights.

These are my parking lights at about midnight when I took the picture...lol

Attached Thumbnails Halo Lights with HID kit-l_e2cd18852fff44278eb20a14e392f195.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM
irishking
Professional

OOOO yeah mine looks about the same dont know how they would act though good question. I think I am just going to stick to getting like a low number HID kit maybe the 6000 and hopefully that will look nicer than my regular h1 bulbs that are in there now. we'll see. i just ordered a srt-4 bumper for my car last night so i cant wait for that to come so i can through that on. i have a 00 neon and the bumper it came with i guess stock its like a red faded bumper looks like it was never clear coated. Plus i seen they have some hot srt-4 tail lights that would look nice on the car as well. summer is coming and i have alot to do to get it ready.

re install my 4 channel amp which blew last year
put my 18's back on
put my gauges on
put the rear bumper on..

times a ticking

Quick Reply: Halo Lights with HID kit