2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Honesty

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:18 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't go over to 2gn with a cowl because they don't understand what it is. They call them reverse hood scoops not cowl induction. I guess they don't realize that air gets trapped at the cowl and if you have a cowl induction it sucks up air from there so be aware that there are ppl that critizie for having "reverse hood scoop" lmfao.....

Old 03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

You want honesty...I honestly hate the cowl hoods on ANY car. And I think it definitely does not belong on a neon. As for how your car looks right now, the hood scoop is the only thing that really bothers me. Thats about it, but I would do what you like cause you pay the bills.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Kath
Rookie

I like it. But I have a soft spot for black

I agree get some window tint, especially around the back. on a black neon it changes how the roofline looks, because the rear pillars come down at a kinda steep angle, but the rear window actually slopes down at a more sporty angle, so if you kinda blend the glass & body by tinting, it looks more sporty IMO. not quite a fastback, but leaning slightly more in that direction. I think it did wonders for the look of the black r/t i had. I went with 35% all the way around my car. The front looked good, but really the rear windows looked slick with tint.

I never noticed the hood piece you had on it. I don't think it went well with the car's contours. it was very angular, whearas a neon is all curves. so if you took that off i think that's good. I'm not apposed to hood stuff, but matching the contours of the car is good.

the hood you are looking at getting is huge! I've never seen one that big on neon before. kinda stylish though, reminds me of the SHO hoods on some fords a while back.
personally, if i could get any hood i'd go with the mini-cuda hood style, i fell in love with it the moment I saw one. I think a stock hood looks good too though, neons come with a pretty nice hood really. And the srt hoods are sharp. kaminari ram air hood looks good too :

do what YOU like
(and/or can afford hehe)

Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

Originally Posted by LowSlowNeon
You want honesty...I honestly hate the cowl hoods on ANY car.
-What about this??? How could you hate it???

Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star

not a cowl but my fav hood scoop of all time

Old 03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

I like a cowl hood, for one reason... if u need more room because the engine is to high and need a three inch cowl... LOL... that is the only reason i like them... not a fan of them on like four cylinder s10s, and things like that.... i kinda like that hood honestly... expessually if u put a small block in it!!! hehe

Quick Reply: Honesty