2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Engine splash shield

Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 PM
houndog97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine splash shield

Anyone know where I can find the engine splash shield? I tried the dealer only to find out that they ordered the wrong part and I got pissed at them. These are the same jerks that told me I would have to tow my car in when I had a problem with my sentry key. Saved about 500 bucks by taking a bit of time and figuring it out myself. Just very glad I didn't listen to them and have it towed long story short it was the neutral safety switch ! It's an 05 neon and it's the passengers side splash guard.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:56 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Junkyard, dealer, might find one on eBay, forums...the usual places. I've just left mine off. That is probably the most commonly destroyed part on a Neon.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Yeah, mine is just currently hanging by the bolts that used to hold it on in bits and pieces. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
houndog97
Rookie

You think I can just leave it off? The alternator and belts will get wet ! Meanwhile I can't seem to find it anywhere.... I tried the Dodge online live help and haven't gotten anything in the mail or even a call from them. It just keeps getting better with Dodge !

Old 04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was tore up to all hell, like Moparkyle's. I've had it off for....like 18 months now? I haven't had any issues. My alternator and belts get wet just about every other time I wash the car (I clean the engine) anyways.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a salvage yard. There's probably a million Neon's in salvage yards. Shouldn't be any more than $10. If you do winter driving it's a good idea to have one on there. Snow packed tight enough in there can kick a belt off real quick not to mention any other debris that might make it's way in there.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:42 PM
romance

I have aftermarket "inner splash shields" on my car from Keystone Automotive.
They have the aftermarket "TLC" stickers on them. I can get you the number for them if you would like. I own Kawartha Carstar Collision, buying inner splash shields are a daily event for me.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 PM
houndog97
Rookie

Seems I can't find it anywhere sure post the number ! How about the bolts too?

Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
leprechaun1874
Professional

Originally Posted by deranged
Try a salvage yard. There's probably a million Neon's in salvage yards. Shouldn't be any more than $10. If you do winter driving it's a good idea to have one on there. Snow packed tight enough in there can kick a belt off real quick not to mention any other debris that might make it's way in there.
There are actually a million and one. But only 3 of them are 2nd gen. Around here none are.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:03 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Mine also fell off or got tore off in the fall/winter. I think it was the first snow storm we got that I drove through where I had a snow pile in front of my car. LOL. I haven't taken the time to try and get a replacement. Like others have said, I'm not terribly concerned about it at the moment. It would be nice to have, but I think it will be alright without it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine splash shield