2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Spark Plugs Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thought you said they dont work well in neons.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:55 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That doesn't make them a bad plug. That just means exactly what I said: they generally don't work well in Neon engines due to the type of ignition system it uses. Could you say they are a "bad" plug...for a Neon? Sure.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Its just your op and others who have had actually problems with plats in there neon that they are bad for neons. I have never had trouble ran them for 30,000 miles and was my 1st set of plugs after 30,000 miles and they were awesome. Us who have had no problems of course will stand up for them and say they are great.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by showsxt
Its just your op and others who have had actually problems with plats in there neon that they are bad for neons. I have never had trouble ran them for 30,000 miles and was my 1st set of plugs after 30,000 miles and they were awesome. Us who have had no problems of course will stand up for them and say they are great.
It's not an opinion; do some reading honey. For example, your beloved NGK suggests not using a single platinum plug on wasted-spark ignition systems. I suppose though that Dodge, the maker of the car, and NGK, a world-wide and respected spark plug manufacturer, know less than you do though...

Also, I didn't have any problems when platinum plugs were in my Neon, as I've also said before in this thread, but I'm still against them in a Neon.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:19 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Still if the guy wants to put plats in his neon he can do whatever he pleases just like me if I like plats and they work nicely in my sxt than I will stand up that they are good in neons seeing I have never had a problem. Just because someone has trouble with them doesnt make them bad to others who havent. Still a believer in plats in neons I am.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:00 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I never said he couldn't "do whatever he pleases." He asked if changing stock spark plugs to platinum's would give him horsepower. No spark plug change will give you horsepower. He didn't say anything about changing his to platinum plugs.

You and I are bickering simply because you had to throw your $0.02 about how what I said was "wrong." Do me a favor. If you are going to bitch, at least 1. stop saying I said things that I didn't and 2. make sure I am actually wrong before you drag a discussion on for days about how I am, only to be proved different, and then go "whatever." If this is your "new attitude," I'm glad I wasn't here before for AirWolf.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:03 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

any new spark plug helps in hp may not give you more but helps in the performance and really helps in gasmileage. Airwolf is gone forever so dont bring up old crap. You have an attitude also so dont give me crap about mine.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:48 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Since you finally got it right after all this time, I will leave it at that. Oh, and yes, I do have an attitude as well.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs Question