2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 Neon- Codes P1775 and P0731- AT WIT'S END!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
sarahcliff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2003 Neon- Codes P1775 and P0731- AT WIT'S END!

Alright, so this is an ongoing chronology of **** that's happened to my car. I've had just about every problem that's come up fixed, yet one remains.

I get the generic P0700 code engine light. I failed my inspection (I needed to go to at least get the extension), and they gave me the P1775 code and P0731 code (solenoid valve latched in TCC position and Gear Ratio Error in 1st, respectively).

The only symptom I have is a clunky downshift from 2nd to 1st, and once in a while it'll have a clunky upshift as well.

Are there any "quick fixes" to this problem? I've recently had the solenoid replaced and I read somewhere that cleaning the valves might help, but I can't find instructions on how to do that anywhere... and if it's in the repair manual, I missed it.

Also, this morning I noticed when I threw my car into park, my idle lulled to the point where the car almost died. I had this problem before and had my TPS replaced TWICE before yelling that maybe it was the plug and not the part, and they found a bad connector to the TPS. One of my mechanics (I have four at this point) at the dealership looked over my car and traced every wire, I have no bad wire connections. I also replaced my output speed sensor. I bought the input speed sensor to replace that, thinking it would fix my idling issues, but that turned out to be the TPS anyway.

Any suggestions?! This is getting ridiculous, I've taken it to the dealer three times, aamco, and my shop multiple times. My dad and my uncle are mechanics, so they're constantly working on it too. Nobody can seem to solve this mystery. :dunno:

If you need any extra details please ask, I need this damn thing to pass inspection.

PS. I disconnected the battery cable to clear the engine code and I ended up taking out my radio. Anyone have any idea what I did? Dad said perhaps it was the fuse, but I can't figure out which fuse it would be.

Thanks to any and all in advance! :smile:

Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Check those Trans connectors and see if battery acid has got on them and corroded/eaten through the wires. All of them especially the solenoid pack connector. You may not see anything obvious until you crack open and peel back that harness shell.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:31 AM
sarahcliff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably a stupid question, but do you know if the TCC is in the valve body or the solenoid pack? I'm having a hard time finding information.

Quick Reply: 2003 Neon- Codes P1775 and P0731- AT WIT'S END!