2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

neon nose clip swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:09 AM
2000seneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another thing are these heads on these motors worth working?i want something for street driving but i want some power for when i want to play around.having the computer chipped does that even do anything for it...a kid i knows swears by chipping the cpu but just want a couple more opinions.i got the car for next to nothing so not to afraid of throwin some money at it...so far what i have that im puttin on it this weekend are headers, 2.25 cat back exhaust.gonna run stock cat i think.throwin a freshly rebuilt head on it and gonna run mobil 1 full synthetic oil..this damn thing at an idle sounds like a non turbo diesel vw.lol..whats everyone else gettin for fuel mileage one of this..the best im getting right now is 25 thats mixed city and highway.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:47 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Working the heads...for what? If you aren't doing anything else worthwhile, then IMO, no.

Chipping the ECU won't do a whole lot of anything. showsxt will reply and say this is wrong and that some people she knows from online did it and it worked great. I have still yet to be shown any sort of actual, physical, credible proof to make me believe chips do anything positive on Neons.

The stock exhaust is already 2.25", so you're simply going to be replacing exhaust tubing.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Wrong have not seen results in little 4 cylinders like neons but bigger engines yes I have seen chip results like my brothers 86 cavy and like stangs and srt10 rams and such but not neons. Who every runs with stock exhaust anymore not many.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by darthroush
...and that's the reply I was waiting for, lmao. Never fails.
Yeah cause your always putting down intakes and exhausts and so on cause your neon is stock. I have an intake and a borla exhaust and other engine mods. Least I have what everyone is askin about seeing you dont. So I can add my op seeing I have almost everything that there askin about.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by showsxt
Yeah cause your always putting down intakes and exhausts and so on cause your neon is stock. I have an intake and a borla exhaust and other engine mods. Least I have what everyone is askin about seeing you dont. So I can add my op seeing I have almost everything that there askin about.
lmao. You tell me that I put things down because my "Neon is stock," like I am going to be offended or upset or something. Whoopdie-doo. If I wanted a fast 4-cylinder car, I would have bought the SRT-4 that was a few cars over from mine. Having an exhaust and a CAI doesn't exactly do anything worthwhile on a Neon to make it worth calling "not stock." That being said, I have full cat-back exhaust. You know how I feel about a CAI on these cars. Besides, you said it yourself: it helps when you show the car and it helps with MPG's (it may). Where does the gain of HP come in that I was referring to?

You don't know what I have done to my car, just like the whole thing about me having had ATX transmission problems twice and you assuming I was running an MTX, because I don't feel the need to tell every single person who asks a question what I have done to my car.

I have more experience than you with performance. Save yourself, and me, the trouble.

Ahh, yes. ECU chipping...
Chipping the ECU won't do a whole lot of anything. showsxt will reply and say this is wrong and that some people she knows from online did it and it worked great.

The stock exhaust is already 2.25", so you're simply going to be replacing exhaust tubing.
Wrong have not seen results in little 4 cylinders like neons
Really? This is only from ONE thread where you assured me that I was wrong by saying that...
Only chip worth lookin into is jet . I know some that like it in there neons and works nicely
It MAY work in 2000-2002 Neon's, but the NGC in the 2003-2005 cars WILL override it. Both of them, IIRC, have Megasquirt too; not a chip.
Actually the neons I know that have them in them are 03 and 05 neons and some srt4s also.
Seems to be an exact copy of what I said you would say. Hmmmm

Now the part about the exhaust:
Who every runs with stock exhaust anymore not many.
A lot, actually. I was simply telling him that he was replacing the factory exhaust tubing with new tubing that was the same size. What this had to do with what I was talking about? Nothing, as usual.

I'm going to jump ahead of myself and say the reply to this is going to be one for the record books...

Last edited by darthroush; 12-03-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Jumping ahead of myself at the end... : )
Old 12-03-2010, 02:07 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah I never said I like jet chips never had one in any of my neons . I just know some that have the jet chips in theres. Never heard of any other kind but jet if anyone wanted to try a chip in there neon. Its whatever they want to do not what you or I say to do. I actually had a 1st gen neon with a hahn turbo stage 2 kit and some other turbo rides so I know more about perfomance than you think I do maybe not more than you .Im more into show mods so might know more than you in that department. If you have other engine mods a intake comes in handy is what Im saying not by itself for hp.

Last edited by showsxt; 12-03-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
2000seneon

my neon has a cobbed up exhaust it has a 1/78 straight pipe.it was like that when i bought it..what the hell is there to do to this car to make it have more *****..0-60 this sucks.i just noticed i have a bad motor mount and ive seen these cars go through more motor mounts than anything ive ever seen before..

Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Mods you can do if you want a more power, 60m throttle body, intake manifold, cam and head, header, under drive pulley and overdrive pulley and nice intake of somekind and exhaust and mega squirt or just got turbo with supporting mods. I have most of the above but mega squirt but soon to go turbo in the spring.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah I never said I like jet chips never had one in any of my neons . I just know some that have the jet chips in theres. Never heard of any other kind but jet if anyone wanted to try a chip in there neon. Its whatever they want to do not what you or I say to do. I actually had a 1st gen neon with a hahn turbo stage 2 kit and some other turbo rides so I know more about perfomance than you think I do maybe not more than you .Im more into show mods so might know more than you in that department. If you have other engine mods a intake comes in handy is what Im saying not by itself for hp.
I never said you liked chips either. I said that you said you knew some people from online that used chips and they worked. I simply figured you assumed that to be true because you kept saying it and recommending JET chips to people. Yes, a CAI in conjunction with other mods that would benefit from more airflow is fine (bigger T/B for example). That is not usually what is said though.

Originally Posted by 2000seneon
my neon has a cobbed up exhaust it has a 1/78 straight pipe.it was like that when i bought it..what the hell is there to do to this car to make it have more *****..0-60 this sucks.i just noticed i have a bad motor mount and ive seen these cars go through more motor mounts than anything ive ever seen before..
Is your's a PZEV Neon? I don't see why they would have switched tubing size for no reason other than on the PZEV Neon. It's a 4 door econo-box with a Mitsubishi engine in it. You can make it quicker, but you will spend money. Bolt-on's would be a larger T/B, a more aggressive cam, a complete exhaust system, a complete intake system and so on, at which point you may need to/might want to do some tuning so then you'd need a standalone computer system such as the Megasquirt system. Like I always say, it's a Neon. Trying to make a car faster that was not ever built for it is going to cost money and take time. Want a faster out-of-the-box Neon? R/T or SRT.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:44 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

If you want to mod engine wise than do it and I know of chips in some that like them and worked for them but me myself never used them in a neon. If you wanna try a chip the jets are like 100 to 300 bucks on ebay. You can tell darth and anyone else how it worked for you. To darth I never recommend stuff unless I have used whatever myself. I just tell them to do what they want and not what we tell them its there neon so they can do whatever they please.

Quick Reply: neon nose clip swap