2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Future plan of Mods ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
TaterTodd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future plan of Mods ...

I figured I'd start a quick thread with pictures of some of the mods that I'm planning on. Any oppinions are welcome especially where to get em at a good price.

the before pics ..

Name:  TheSteed1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  TheSteed2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  TheSteed3.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  35.1 KB

the future plans and along the way I'll post pics of progess ..

Extreme Dimensions Viper f/bumper
Name:  ExtremeDimensionsViperfrontbumper.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  16.6 KB

Carbon Fiber SRT-4 hood
Name:  CarbonFiberhood.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  21.5 KB
Spyder Brake Light - Smoked
Name:  Spyderbrakelight-Smoke.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  8.8 KB

Last edited by TaterTodd; 10-21-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

If you go to my garage you can see my sxt with everything I have and shes a custom mixed black 04. You can see how the black led tails look and the halo headlights look and see how the grill inserts painted black looks . I do like that bodykit and the hood and exhaust and wheels.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:14 PM
TaterTodd
Professional

With doing the f/bumper change I'm not going to paint the grill. When I take everything off it's going to be to change to the new f/bumper. I'm looking at doing the springs and wheels at the same time. Then the bumpers and hood go next. She's basically going to be for show. What kind of paint did you use to tint tint the tail lights?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Sorry Im just use to few getting the mopar lip kits seeing they are so cheap and awesome lookin than they paint the grill inserts black or dark red like I did mine just last yr. I used vht nightshaded spray to tint my black leds and also did some mopar 3d tails all black and tinted them with the same stuff. My ebonwolf is mostly for show also. Won a ton of trophies over the 6yrs.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
TaterTodd
Professional

No problem on the grill, when I put the mesh behind the slots it's going to be painted black so it all melts together. Lip Kit? The lower section of the rear bumper is just an add on? I thought the r/bumper was one piece. If I could find the add on for the r/bumper I won't buy a new one. My idea is to slightly have it look like an SRT but I'm not wanting to clone one. That's why I'm going with the f/bumper.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

I have the mopar lip kit which is just a lip for the front and rear and than I have r/t sideskirts. You can find one for about 100bucks at your local dealership but the r/t sides are rare to find.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 PM
TaterTodd
Professional

I was checking out your tail lights, how bright are they when lit up? The only thing I have to worry about are pain in the butt Sheriffs down here that'll ticket me if they can't be seen up to 500' away .. Are you using LED's in for your lights? I appreciate the oppinions though, I'm not seeing to many on here that reply to any of the threads ..

Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah not to many have as modded neons as I do . My tails are the black leds that alot run on there srt4s mostly and they are very tinted and so bright at night and when you stop so tinting them is not going to get you into any trouble with the cops . ANything else I can help you with let me know or need any pics I can email you alot of what the tails look like before and after tinting.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:08 AM
TaterTodd
Professional

After a bit of looking around I located the Tail lights that I saw on the SRT at my local Dodge dealership. These are the ones that the soon to be wife agreed on that she likes ...

Name:  MaxzoneTailights-Black.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  12.2 KB

Another add one ... I've been thinking of going with aftermarket mirrors. Still up in the air with this thought. I'm wanting a clean look but I don't think these will stick out much considering they belong on the car and I'm keeping everything black ...

Name:  SilkAutomotiveMirrors-DiabloPowerBlack.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.7 KB

Last edited by TaterTodd; 10-21-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

those are my tails and yeah 15s would be better to stick with for having a brand new baby and those wheels are cool lookin and so are those mirrors.

Quick Reply: Future plan of Mods ...