2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I think im really screwed now

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
jasongkrantz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think im really screwed now

I WAS DRIVING HOME FROM WORK 'a 35 mile drive' and about 20 miles into it as i stopped at a three way my oil light and engine light blinked and then my car died i waited a few minutes about 10 and tryed to restart it it will not start it sounds normal just a really lagging sounding trying to start there is no leaking and no smoke any ideas guys

Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A blinking check engine light indicates a major misfire. Start going over the ignition system.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

The lights blinked once or continued to blink?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 PM
jasongkrantz

ok so i got to the bottom of my problem my timing belt jumped time and ate my belt apart luckly this happened at a dead to almost stop and my valves didnt meet my pistons but 50 dollars and 3 hrs later its all running again and might i say better than ever no noise and alot more throttle response less vibrations thou i did have to go through the whole procedure twice because my tensioner ended up bieng to tight and i did this all in the rain under a tarp hel up with ladders and a flashlight to all who fear this fix it isnt really to hard just make sure youve got somebody to help you .

my lights all flashed because of my car dying i had a sending unit go bad a while back and thought this was an internal problem but seems i was way off my brother hit the nail on the head when he said so suttle YEP TIMING BELT a 1 min diagnosis lucky me i guess

Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you replace the water pump and tensioner while you were in there? May as well have if the mileage is close enough to the service interval...

Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 AM
jasongkrantz

i wish i could have... oil pump too but it was such an urgent fix that i couldnt wait until next week to get it all!! the tensioner and water pump are both in really good shape but im like you.ill also probably tackle that right center mount while im there next time . its really not that bad of a job and i liked doing if matter of fact. thanks for all the advice guys ive been spending alot of time latley on this thing and all help is appreciated

Quick Reply: I think im really screwed now