2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New taillights =]

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New taillights =]

I know this contributes nothing to the forum, but I had to brag to my buddies here on the deal I got. I just picked up a set of slightly used Sonar Altezza taillights for $30! They're immaculate except for a little fading around the edges which won't be visible after I put them in anyway. These retail for ~$100-$120 online so I'm totally stoked
I think next paycheck I'll order a matching 3rd brake light. Either way, I'm putting in the new tails this weekend so I'll post pics when I do.

So yeah, found them on CL for $40. When I met with the guy, I acted all dissapointed when I saw the fading, and without even haggling he said he'd take $30 for them. Turns out he tows for a salvage company and gets to cherry pick most cars. I asked him if he ever get's any SRT-4's and he said he does every once-in-a-while, but they get picked quick. BUT, he saved my number and told me he'd give me a heads up if he got one .

Old 04-08-2011, 12:58 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Oh i had those rx300s in cf they do look pretty nice . I have to many tails now I have tinted black leds and all blacked out mopar 3ds and now some smoked clks and soon to have stock tails painted all red. A clear brake would look awesome with those tails you can find them on ebay they are modern performance ones. Good luck on getting srt4 parts not so rare seeing theres always wreaks with so many srt4 guys.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

How do you think this one would look with them? I wanted to ask someone with obviously great taste in car modding =]

Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just make sure you buy and use new taillight gaskets, and a 3rd brakelight gasket if you change that out too.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Good call Darth. I'll order them along with the third.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Ok, so if I get a clear third brake light, the kind that uses the stock bulb, will I have to get a red bulb sleeve to avoid getting pulled over? I'd like an LED one, but they cost three times more.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

If you get a red led bulb which you can get for about 10bucks or less shipped off ebay thats where I get mine youll be way ok.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Right on. I'll be ordering the third soon hopefully. I got the new taillights put in yesterday. There was a little bit of a gap between the top of the lights and the body. I got some black weather-stripping tape and reinstalled them with that and they turned out great I'll put up pics in a little bit.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:00 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah those tails have a gap and never had a problem with mine. The clear 3rd will look awesome with those tails and a red led bulb will look even better. I use a red led bulb in mine and my clear is tinted now.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Yeah, I can't wait to get a clear third and I'll def go with a red led for it. So yeah, here's my rear now without the dealer decals and with the sonars =]

And here's the gap with the weather stripping...

Quick Reply: New taillights =]