2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

srt-swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superman93
ok thanks any one know how to add little more hp n what the best n cheapest way to drop?
I would do megasquirt and do some little mods like intake, exhaust , headers,60mm tb and indy intake manifold, I have most done but the meagasquirt I have a bit more but those are a nice place to start out with and built on.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
superman93

wat is a megasquirt 60 mm tb and also what the cheapest but best way to lower the car bc car looks a lot better when its droped

Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look at the Performance FAQ and Megasquirt FAQ at the top of the forum.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

You can get the 60mm throttle body off ebay now seeing modern doesnt sell them like I got from them 2yrs ago. the 60mm throttle body is just better than your stock throttle body . I would get you some tokiko springs and tokiko blue struts they come as a combo off ebay cheapest way to go coilovers are a but much brand new.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:08 PM
superman93

what does a tb do n how much did u lower ur car by

Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

A throttle body is basically a metal plate that allows varying amounts of air in the engine. My 04 sxt use to be on mopar springs and blue struts and the mopars were used and so were the blues and the mopars only dropped very little and my neon is now on stock height until I make up my mind what drop I want. THe tokico setup is a 1.4 drop front and rear and like 555bucks plus shipping which is 60bucks.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Matix151
Rookie

why even go after a turbo swap or srt? the gain really isnt worth it man , if your trying to race people you are gonna get burned , so many tuner cars on the road like rx7's , subaru wrx , sti , blah blah...... in my experience its more trouble than its worth and you will be forever pouring money into the car and fixing it. Just stick with what you got and make your car look nice , all those turbo cars like srt4 are for kids looking to **** around and kill a car and like others have said you can get alot of perfromance out of your current setup for less cost. Trust me i was into the mid 80's early 90's chrysler/shelby turbo cars and its all just a big pain in the *** especially to swap all the damn parts and trying to get it to run right and with the added stress on the engine more repairs and its never good enough always trying to more performance before you push it too far and blow and engine or head or something. all this srt4 stuff is for marketing , how many stages of upgrades now? like 4? its how they make money cause you always want more , before you know it you could have bought a corvette or a viper(lol). from what ive seen the srt turbo is pretty damn small anyway . just take care of your current setup , theres a reason people are buying so many wrecked srt4's , cause everyone runs the **** out of em and ****s them up. just my 2 cents but trust me , ive been there done that.

Last edited by Matix151; 06-08-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matix151
why even go after a turbo swap or srt? the gain really isnt worth it man , if your trying to race people you are gonna get burned , so many tuner cars on the road like rx7's , subaru wrx , sti , blah blah...... in my experience its more trouble than its worth and you will be forever pouring money into the car and fixing it. Just stick with what you got and make your car look nice , all those turbo cars like srt4 are for kids looking to **** around and kill a car and like others have said you can get alot of perfromance out of your current setup for less cost. Trust me i was into the mid 80's early 90's chrysler/shelby turbo cars and its all just a big pain in the *** especially to swap all the damn parts and trying to get it to run right and with the added stress on the engine more repairs and its never good enough always trying to more performance before you push it too far and blow and engine or head or something. all this srt4 stuff is for marketing , how many stages of upgrades now? like 4? its how they make money cause you always want more , before you know it you could have bought a corvette or a viper(lol). from what ive seen the srt turbo is pretty damn small anyway . just take care of your current setup , theres a reason people are buying so many wrecked srt4's , cause everyone runs the **** out of em and ****s them up. just my 2 cents but trust me , ive been there done that.
"All" those turbo cars? I'm pretty sure there are more serious STi, SRT4, EVO etc owners, than there are "kids lookin to f**k around and kill a car".

There are 3 MOPAR upgrades they all add to performance. It is NOT just for them to make money and it's FAR from the only option to upgrade. There are MANY ways to upgrade, some expensive and cheap. And the small turbo can be replace for pretty cheap compared to swapping out an entire engine...

I can also assure you that 99.99999% of people will NEVER spend as much on their Neon as someone would on a Corvette or Viper. Modding an SRT-4 is SUPER cheap compared to buying one of those.

It sounds like you had a pretty bad experience. Not all of us will have that hard of a time.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Srt4s are just as nice as the rest of the tuner cars out there and alot of srt4s are taken care of but most srt4 turbos at the junk yard or donor cars are abused so you really have to be careful there if you wanna do the swap like alot of neons 1st gen and 2nd gen are doing and have done and are pretty fast. I want to go a different way I want to keep my sxt an auto and go with a brand new hahn stage2 kit at least I will know what I am getting new is awesome and I can get one for around 1,500,00 everything I need I have contacts with hahn.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by showsxt
I want to go a different way I want to keep my sxt an auto and go with a brand new hahn stage2 kit at least I will know what I am getting new is awesome and I can get one for around 1,500,00 everything I need I have contacts with hahn.
You'll be spending more on a new engine by the time you actually get around to doing that...if ever.